Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,614   Online: 961

Page 69 of 117 FirstFirst ... 19596364656667686970717273747579 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    The Leica arrived safe and sound! Just in time for Halloween! I think its on 26 shots, how many should I take like 3-4?

Also I kinda dig the provide your own lens SLR deal, I can also offer up an olympus OM40/PC, which i used to shoot in great shape if theres enough interest with everyone to go OM lenses.
    I have a nice, well-stocked used-gear shop nearby, with a 30 day return policy. Send any 35mm SLR and I can 'borrow' whatever's required.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are going to go that way, why not go old school? Pentax Screw Mount. Available all over the world, cheap as dirt, funky optics available.
    My fav is a Zorki Jupiter 9 85mm with M42 thread. Lots of great Takumar lens out there too.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMO, we need to keep it simple. Not everyone has access to extra lenses for which ever camera would be chosen, so a P&S is the only way to go.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    IMO, we need to keep it simple. Not everyone has access to extra lenses for which ever camera would be chosen, so a P&S is the only way to go.
    With a point and shoot we would not have the delay times as people got equipment together to go take pictures.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Or stick a dirt cheap Tamron 28-200 zoom on it.

But the P&S is cheaper to ship.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No Nikon or Olympus here... Sigh...

Do have M42, FD, EOS, and K-mount.

Both ideas are good ones. Same camera shows a differing vision with the same equipment and film. Same body lets you experience lenses that you may not have, as they might look on your camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, I have a Fujica STX-1 sitting on a shelf that would work perfectly for this. The only forseeable problem is somebody would fall in love with the little jewel and keep it. I can see where we would be right back in the same place we're at now, no camera and getting pissed at a horder.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got my photos in last night after work. First of the supposedly haunted St. Marks church, not sure if i got enough depth of field, but I selected +Flash mode. The others were of the annual Village Halloween Parade, one shot from the staging area, and another from within the parade procession itself (I walked the parade).

Shawn lets meet up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way to go, Newt...! That was fast. : )

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    I got my photos in last night after work. First of the supposedly haunted St. Marks church, not sure if i got enough depth of field, but I selected +Flash mode. The others were of the annual Village Halloween Parade, one shot from the staging area, and another from within the parade procession itself (I walked the parade).

Shawn lets meet up!
    Absolutely! I'll send you a PM. Friday after work? I can swing by Brooklyn or we can meet up in the city.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin