Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,661   Online: 872

Page 72 of 117 FirstFirst ... 22626667686970717273747576777882 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    You are supposed to get drunk AFTER reading this thread!?!?!?! I've been getting drunk before reading it! Guess I missed the memo
    The memo was with the Olympus... Anyway, it makes more sense this way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greetings all - sounds like everyone is doing well and waiting for one of these cameras to show up again.

Leica: I've been promising Steve (Newt_on_Swings) for the better part of three weeks now that I'll meet up with him for the final handoff of this camera. Totally my fault that we haven't, but expect to within the next week or so. At least this camera is alive and almost back home. Will keep all posted as soon as it is in my hands. Steve: thanks for your patience.

Olympus: After a number of attempts to reach out to Nicholai in Denmark, it appears we are going to have to proceed on without it, and make other arrangements to get the camera back from him. I haven't yet resorted to calling the guy, hoping (beyond hope) that it would not get to this.

It is extremely disappointing when it comes to this, as we go out of our way to be all-inclusive to make this project as democratic in spirit as possible. Nicholai - if you are reading this, please consider the effort and time everyone put into this. It may seem insignificant to the uninitiated, but these projects and the pictures mean a great deal to all involved.

Thanks.

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 11-29-2013 at 04:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes lets make this happen haha. If anyone else is around the new york area, and is free and wants to meetup when i pass it off to shawn let us know! we can grab a beer or something, would be cool to see some faces.

Also, this is probably a bit early, but for the next round, I can donate a few rolls of film if we decide to shoot black and white again. I've got Panatomic X, and Double X which would be fun, but the cameras would need manual film speed settings as these are bulk loaded without DX markings.

Oh, I dont have that olympus om-40/pc anymore that I mentioned in a previous post, I have just given it away to a friend who is starting out on olympus cameras and wanted to try.
    Last edited by Newt_on_Swings; 11-29-2013 at 06:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK - heard from Nicholai this afternoon. He said that the Olympus should be shipped to Steve Smith in the UK on Monday or Tuesday.

Cross your fingers or hold your breaths? We may get through this yet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    OK - heard from Nicholai this afternoon. He said that the Olympus should be shipped to Steve Smith in the UK on Monday or Tuesday.

That's fantastic news Shawn.. well done!

And thanks Nicholai
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent. Although one camera has already been lost (and found) on its way to me and one got lost for a while after I sent it.

I haven't moved house and not told anyone this time though so it should be ok!

Steve
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

YAY! Nice work Shawn and thanks to Nicholai for coming back from the edge! Hey, so take your time with handing off the Leica :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And the beat goes on! Thanks Shawn & Nicholai
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll believe it when I see it, as in when I finally get my turn.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin