Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,593   Online: 868

Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24646869707172737475767778798084 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    After three weeks, I really can't hold my breath any longer. Did anything happen in the meantime, anything Olympus Stylus-related that we know of?
    No - but the Leica has made it home. Back in my hands one year and two days after I first sent it out.

Steve was extremely patient the last few weeks - waiting for me to get out of my real-life mode. The handoff of the Leica happened about two hours ago in a dark corner of a downtown NYC bar. It was great to meet him and his very upbeat group of friends, and of course to check out the new Wista the man was sporting (I think he said Wista - definitely a 4 x 5). One of his friends seemed amused that people actually still used these things!

So one half of Round 10 is complete!

Now to get the Stylus home somehow.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 12-20-2013 at 07:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Wow - someone is taking this stuff WAAAAY too seriously! Where's the holiday spirit, brother?

Actually, I have some good news.
    Serious? No I'm... ferget it. The Holiday spirit is in soon to be in the shaker getting iced down. Martini or Manhattan... In honor of the Leica, it's going to be a Manhattan.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was good to see you Shawn! Cant wait for the pics to come out. I think my last shots were of the Village halloween parade, really working the leica and its flash in the dimness. You were right, it was a wista sp i had with me. It was probably the linhof lens that threw you off. First outing with it today to test it too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No - but the Leica has made it home. Back in my hands one year and two days after I first sent it out.
    So one half of Round 10 is complete!
    That is good news regarding the Leica, Shawn! However, a round is not complete until we actually see images. A few rounds ago the film from a traveling camera was processed at a drugstore and several images were lost…one of them mine. But I am happy the Leica is back!

Tim, I'm certain, has the holiday spirit as I'm sure we all do. But his frustration targeted on our fun little project here, and only our fun little project, is indeed shared. It is amazing how long these things take. It's great to be positive about things and patience is a great characteristic to have but, come on, eventually something has to give and I'd say the 'fun factor' here has indeed been fading away a bit.

Regarding the Stylus, and speaking of patience, the good people on that list should have a new camera and I'm willing to donate one, you know, being the holidays and all…and having too many cameras in my possession. I don't feel like checking the archives of this thread so if a camera is already on stand-by, never mind. : )

Happy Holidays to all and to all, good night!

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to wait on developing and posting the pics from the Leica until we are reasonably sure about the Stylus.

I do indeed have another Olympus loaded with Tri-X and ready to go to complete this round, but the Leica also has 8 shots left on it. I'll dwell on the logistics for the next several days.

Right now I'm thinking I should send the Leica out again to two more shooters on the Olympus list here in the U.S. At the same time, perhaps get the new Olympus out to Steve in the U.K.

Open to all suggestions though!
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 12-20-2013 at 10:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    It was good to see you Shawn! Cant wait for the pics to come out. I think my last shots were of the Village halloween parade, really working the leica and its flash in the dimness. You were right, it was a wista sp i had with me. It was probably the linhof lens that threw you off. First outing with it today to test it too.
    Great meeting up with you too, Steve. I'm gonna unpack my 6x7 when the weather gets a little warmer and let's get together and have people make fun of us for using these ancient cameras. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 12-20-2013 at 11:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's still a camera coming to you, John. Just don't know when.

The Olympus is still missing in Denmark somewhere with Nicholai, who really is quite effective with his promises. Maybe he'll actually honor one of them soon!
    Maybe it's just so dark there this time of year that he can't get any pictures.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumbleweed.gif  
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin