Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,577   Online: 1158

Page 75 of 123 FirstFirst ... 25656970717273747576777879808185 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Makes me wish I was in Wicklow.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Catch the next tumbleweed . . And come on over

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Tumbleweed? Really, Ms. Jackson???? I mean, it has hardly been over a year since we started .

Seriously - I've made several attempts to reach Nicholai in the past two weeks, and where he at least used to reply with apologies and a promise or two, he is very obviously playing the avoidance game right now. Such a shame, because in addition to the disappointment and tendency to make people lose interest in the project, this makes it difficult to trust the new participants who have not been APUG members for long.

It is not our intention or spirit to exclude anyone, but maybe we need rethink ways to minimize the risk of this happening. At least in the last round we had people who knew Ralph and gently prodded him to bring forth the camera. But Nicholai is out in Denmark and - I think - unknown to any one else here. If anyone knows any other forums where Nicholai lurks, let's collectively put some pressure on him to get this camera back if we can.

I've had a new camera loaded and ready to go to "finish" this round and circle back to the shooters on the list before Nicholai to retake their pics, but am wondering if doing that takes away all incentive and pressure for getting back the first camera. Not that that is happening now, but there's still hope as long we continue to press Nicholai and we continue with our effort as originally intended in this round.

I know participation on the forum has waned from lack of progress, but those who are still around - let's talk about some ideas, please.

Thanks all & Happy New Year!

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might be worthwhile to send the new camera anyway, if only to keep the European half interested in the next round.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that it might just be for the best to get a camera going again to get interest drummed back up.

I'd love to know what Nicholai's problem is. It's just mean to have the camera and refuse to get it going!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have mixed feelings about starting a new camera. I don't want the first shooters to lose their shots,and not show up as part of the project. It's damned inconsiderate of Nicolai to jamb up the effort and leave us all in a lurch. If he's reading these posts, maybe he'll reconsider what he's done and move the camera along. Hey Nicolai, pull yer head outta yer arse and lets get going.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe Nicholai sent the Stylus to Rick in Rochester, NY by mistake. I'm joking, of course. Just a mere coincidence. Don't want anyone to get too excited one way or the other and overreact.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    Maybe Nicholai sent the Stylus to Rick in Rochester, NY by mistake. I'm joking, of course. Just a mere coincidence. Don't want anyone to get too excited one way or the other and overreact.
    At least Holmburgers would know enough to get the camera back to us.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm jumping in here to ask a simple question. I have not read ALL 75 pages of this thread, but is there a way to confirm by phone or PM that the next person in line is "ready" to have the camera? I know that sometimes time, money or life is an issue and a quick phone call or PM may help the process along. That would give the next person in line a chance to cancel or bow out. BUT having someone actually do what they say they are going to do is another matter.

On another note, I bought a Canon EOS 2000 with an 28-80 lens (auto focus doe not work) for ten bucks and would be wiling to donate for the next round.
    Paul Ward
    Calumet C-1 Green Monster
    Toyo 45CF
    Durst 184 Enlarger
    www.jpaulsenward.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ataim View Post
    is there a way to confirm by phone or PM that the next person in line is "ready" to have the camera?
    Good point. It can be a long time from one's initial commitment to the time one actually gets the camera. In the meantime, life can happen. Having a timely chance to confirm that commitment or to bow out makes sense to me.

As for your future participation, I look forward to it
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin