Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,347   Online: 1147

Page 76 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26667071727374757677787980818286 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ataim View Post
    I'm jumping in here to ask a simple question. I have not read ALL 75 pages of this thread, but is there a way to confirm by phone or PM that the next person in line is "ready" to have the camera? I know that sometimes time, money or life is an issue and a quick phone call or PM may help the process along. That would give the next person in line a chance to cancel or bow out. BUT having someone actually do what they say they are going to do is another matter.

On another note, I bought a Canon EOS 2000 with an 28-80 lens (auto focus doe not work) for ten bucks and would be wiling to donate for the next round.
    The answer to you very good question is, emphatically - yes. This rule has been in effect for the last several rounds at least, and in every case on this specific round, contact was made and the camera was only sent out when the next person affirmatively confirmed their continued interest in the project.

We'll keep our hopes up that the camera (and Nicholai) resurface soon.

Regards,

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shawn, maybe you should put Nicholai's email out here in public so we can all send him a message as to how disappointed we are in him for holding on to the Oly. I doubt very much sending him a PM through Apug will do any good. I took the time to review both the threads concerning this round, and find it strange he only posted once in the getting ready thread and no posts in this one. According to the logs, he hasn't posted since may of 2013. If things don't get moving soon, I will send my Pentax IQZoom to the next person in line and we can resume rotation through the list.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicholai has an email address in his APUG "signature": nicholainissen@gmail.com

His profile info indicates that his last activity was in August of 2013.

I hope he is okay - and that the camera moves on.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Matt, by the time I finished reading all the pages I was plenty bleary eyed, and frustrated. I have sent Nicholai an email, and ask everyone else involved in this round to follow suit. Please keep it polite.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just sent an email asking if we can help in any way.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And Nicholai responded by apologizing and promising to ship the camera "tomorrow if possible".

Here is hoping!
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    And Nicholai responded by apologizing and promising to ship the camera "tomorrow if possible".

Here is hoping!
    That's really fantastic news.. well done Matt, Rick and Nicholai.. fingers crossed?
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    That's really fantastic news.. well done Matt, Rick and Nicholai.. fingers crossed?
    Maybe if you promise to send Nicholai something in return- say, something with polka dots?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You think he'd want a used speedo?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A polka dot speedo? Now you're talking..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin