Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,492   Online: 921

Page 80 of 123 FirstFirst ... 30707475767778798081828384858690 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I'm sooo excited, I can't wait until it's my turn to hang on to the Oly for six months.....
    You got it, Rick. But I think if you REALLY try, you can come up with two shots between now and July.

We'll swing back to M.A. Longmore later, at his request. So here's the updated list, in case you're keeping track:

Sile Ireland
    Raphael Plougastel, France
    rst Oestringen, Germany
    kraker Breda, The Netherlands
    nicholai Denmark
    Steve Smith Isle of Wight, UK ← Camera now here.
    Rick A Emporium, PA
    Jim17x Worth, IL
    zsas Crystal Lake, IL
    ambaker Poplar Bluff, MO
    toro_mike Englewood, CO
    cdholden, Nashville, TN
    M.A. Longmore Hartsdale, NY
    Shawn Rahman, NY
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 01-28-2014 at 06:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve (UK): Please make arrangements by PM with Rick A to send him the camera next.

BTW - Rick says he wants to keep the camera for 6 months. I drove through Cameron County in Pennsylvania once, and think he just might need 6 months to find something to photograph.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 01-28-2014 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Steve (UK): Please make arrangements by PM with Rick A to send him the camera next.

BTW - Rick says he wants to keep the camera for 6 months. I drove through Cameron County in Pennsylvania once, and think he just might need 6 months to find something to photograph.
    It IS out there. I grew up in Maryland and never heard of it. When I looked it up... I still never heard of it. When a trip to Williamsport is your idea of a once in a lifetime adventure, that's out there.

Do y'all worship Chickens out there?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Theres plenty to shoot here--just not photos. Actually, there are many great things to photograph here, just that everything is buried under snow and the temps are below zero for the next few days.
    Oh, and we don't worship chickens, we offer them up as sacrifices to the gods to keep film alive.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Message sent.

Hopefully, I can send it at the weekend.

Our Post Office has some specific rules about posting batteries. Some types are are only allowed in original packing, others are o.k. if in a camera but not loose. It is very vague about alkaline. Do you know what is in the camera?

I don't want to remove the batteries as it will then forget which frame it is on.

I think I will have to use a simple description of 'vintage camera' and not worry too much!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Steve,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith

Hopefully, I can send it at the weekend.

Our Post Office has some specific rules about posting batteries. Some types are are only allowed in original packing, others are o.k. if in a camera but not loose. It is very vague about alkaline. Do you know what is in the camera?
    It's Lithium CR123. Maybe it's no need to be precise of what's in the box, don't you think ?

I don't want to remove the batteries as it will then forget which frame it is on.

I think I will have to use a simple description of 'vintage camera' and not worry too much!

Steve.
    I should have this camera manual somewhere, I can check if it lose the frame number when batt is removed, but maybe you can just let it in ?
    "Vintage camera" looks like too attractive, to me, maybe "used camera" or "worthless battered old camera"

Regards,

Raphael
    Last edited by Raphael; 01-30-2014 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Bad quot spliting...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    It's Lithium CR123
    That's o.k. then. Lithium contained in equipment is allowed.

I will take a printout of the rules to the Post Office.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The less said the better, IMHO.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    The less said the better, IMHO.
    " "
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are some very specific rules regarding lithium batteries being shipped aboard aircraft.

One battery of that size, should not be a problem.

Failure to disclose, can be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin