Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,785   Online: 1019

Page 89 of 123 FirstFirst ... 39798384858687888990919293949599 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Maybe with fooling the DX coding system with putting some kind of adhesive on the film cartridge ? i.e simulate a 200 iso DX coding in a 400 iso film ?
    Um...nooo, that would only trick the film speed and lengthen exposure. For multi exposure, you need to recock the shutter without advancing the film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Wouldn't that mean the next round would take 2x as long to complete?
    Yes, don't know for you all, but sending back the camera to the one or two same guys who kept it 6 months, may be too much for my nerves...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Yes, don't know for you all, but sending back the camera to the one or two same guys who kept it 6 months, may be too much for my nerves...
    Yep - that's probably too much to ask. Also, while I love the idea of experimenting, perhaps there's too much risk with the images themselves. Aside from the psychotic drivel we engage in, seeing our (recognizable) images at the end of these LONG rounds is really the only payout of this madness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Um...nooo, that would only trick the film speed and lengthen exposure. For multi exposure, you need to recock the shutter without advancing the film.
    Argh, OK, seems my workday was a little too long, here.
    I would mean "simulate a *400* iso DX coding with a 200 iso film"

For the shutter recocking w/o advance, it's not a concern here, from what I understand : the roll is completely exposed through one pass shared by the subscribers, then rewinded, the film leader is extracted, camera is reloaded and sent again to the subscribers for the second pass...

Best regards,

Raphael
    Last edited by Raphael; 02-27-2014 at 02:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't we just split the group into exposure 1 & exposure 2 and have the first group complete the roll and reload it before passing it on the the second?
    If we go for 2 cameras, we can do 1 that is 'normal' and one that's this double exposure experiment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If we wanted to save time, Shawn could wander around with the camera, shooting at will. Then send it out for its second exposures.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Head hurts. Let's just do it normally.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    To the gratitude of all, when it comes to a missing camera, Shawn hunts it doggedly.
    Thanks, but actually, it has been more a group effort to get them back. I think they just get sick of hearing from me - I'm beginning to think the whole passive/aggressive thing just doesn't work.

This round, after my countless attempts yielded nothing, John Nanian stepped in with Nicholai and said the magic words that got the camera back on track. And John isn't even participating this round! Last round, it was both John_Nikon_F and Fred L.

Truly a group effort, this lunatic endeavor.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 02-28-2014 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lets not forget those of us who put in extra effort to lose the cameras too!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkegihm View Post
    Can't we just split the group into exposure 1 & exposure 2 and have the first group complete the roll and reload it before passing it on the the second?
    If we go for 2 cameras, we can do 1 that is 'normal' and one that's this double exposure experiment.
    With my luck, mine would be overlapped with flatulent1's... wouldn't that be a gas?

tim in san jose

No harm intended Fred.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin