Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,619   Online: 900

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

As long as it's going international.....

.....count me in too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a cool project! Count me in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in too! Looks like the little camera will have a loooong way to go. Does it come with a manual?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all,

Right now we have a total of twenty people lined up and there are seven more exposures left. Am waiting to hear from Sean on what forum we can possibly post these in. If you all lhave any ideas on this, please feel free to speak up. Also, the only other problem we may have is the cost of shipping this to the various countries. My thought is perhaps after we know were the camera is going then perhaps we should shoot in U.S. first then send it to the next country, so on unless you have a better idea. Lastly, I think that each of should have the camera for one week to take you shot then send it on.

G

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What I've done with the Traveling Portfolio is to make a list so the portfolio moves in the most efficient way possible (geographically at least!), accounting for issues like willingness to pay for international postage. On a little disposable camera, that's not as much of an issue, so you can just go by geography and postal rates.

Just have everyone pm you their address, make up the list, and Sean can probably set up a password protected page for the address list for the group, like we have for the Traveling Portfolio and the Postcard Exchange, and it's also a good idea to include a copy of the list with the camera, in case someone gets it and temporarily doesn't have computer access for some reason (this has happened with the portfolio!).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe we could even stick a couple of bucks in the package prior to passing it on to help with the next photographer's postage?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You can add me to the list. Every camera deserves a good Hawaii photo.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Maybe we could even stick a couple of bucks in the package prior to passing it on to help with the next photographer's postage?
    I think that paying the way to the next stop will just about even everyone out, and in the spirit of helpfullness, I volunteer to be the mailer who sends from Canada to the next country.
    I have a feeling though, that our "cash in the package" will disappear at the first customs inspection , so I think we should pass on that idea (no matter how charitable it is).

cheers

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think that sounds like fun too! Count me in!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in. Belgium.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin