Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,660   Online: 740

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031323334353640 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krisbfunk
    ah, so this is the 14th frame of the camera at this point then? Is there room for any others on the/a list? i could offer a matchbox pinhole cam for a new round if there is any interest, i've had some great results cross processing e100g transparency on it.. but i suppose it may be deviating from the point.
    The path of the camera is set at the very begining and is sent with the camera. Coordinating an additional shooter in mid stream is too difficult right now.

My suggestion is that if you have a camera that you would like to have travel around is:

1. Devise some rules - what camera, what film, how many people, how many shots per person, etc...
    2. Start a new thread - post the rules and ask for sign ups - give a deadline to sign up
    3. Collect all the names and mailing addresses via PM
    4. Once the sign up period is over - create the path - set yourself as the last person on the path
    5. Pack the camera with the list of names in the order of the path
    6. Mail the camera off to the first person on the path
    7. Monitor the camera as it makes it way along the path
    8. When it returns to you, develop the film and post the pics

Organizing one of these requires some dedication. It could take several months - over a year for the cakmera to make it's travels, so you will have be prepared to monitor and gently remind people to take their picture and move the camera along.

Without 'proactive' organization, the camera could lounge for weeks/months at one person's place before it's moved to the next person.

I hope you do organize another camera. These traveling cameras are a lot of fun.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Art,

I'll keep that in mind. Not sure a matchbox pinhole would even survive the trip to tell you the truth, perhaps a few revisions from now. hehehe.

Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Updates, please!

Here's how it stands now:

"Replacement" Camera
    Glenn Mathison (Australia) <======= camera is here (last update on Jun 05, 2006)
    Nigel Smith (Australia)
    Nicolle Boenig-Mcgrade (Australia)

"Original" Camera
    Bruce (Camclicker) <======= camera is here (last update on May 22, 2006)
    David A. Goldfarb
    sensanjay
    Dave Swinnard
    John Bartley
    Snapper
    Marc Leest
    modafoto
    Rombo
    Graeme Hird
    Magpie
    Nige
    Nicole Boenig-McGrade

It would be really nice if the folks who have the cameras now would please post an update.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi All,

Bruce is having some problems posting to this thread, so he sent me a PM instead. The camera that was with him (the "original" one) is on it's way to David now, and he conveys his apologies for the delay.

Regards,
    Last edited by Sanjay Sen; 07-04-2006 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Minor formatting issues...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got a PM from Bruce saying he just dropped the camera off in person at my building, but unfortunately (unfortunately for the camera that is), I'm in Hawai'i at the moment and won't be back for several weeks. We're working on it...
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If this gets thru...

I've been in contact with David and I will try, with his assistance to get the package back and send on to the next person in line.
    The further bad news is I will be without computer for the next 3 weeks and will not be able receive or send correspondence.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Okay, Bruce will pick it up and send it along, either to me or to the next person.

Update: Bruce has the camera and will send it to me in a couple of days. Looks like we're back on track.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

STATUS UPDATE - REPLACEMENT CAMERA !!

Sorry for the delay folks, I decided to take it to Thailand with me two weeks ago and I just returned yesterday. It's in the post to Nige today so he should get it probably Monday.

Regards
    Glenn

This one is *nearly* at the end

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep, got the cam today. I gather this is the replacement camera... are we really going to get it processed with on 7 exposures made (5 gone, me and Nic)??

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    yep, got the cam today. I gather this is the replacement camera... are we really going to get it processed with on 7 exposures made (5 gone, me and Nic)??
    No, there should be a lot more than 7 exposures on that camera, there should be about 26 or so.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin