Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,506   Online: 863

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    I think that paying the way to the next stop will just about even everyone out, and in the spirit of helpfullness, I volunteer to be the mailer who sends from Canada to the next country.
    I have a feeling though, that our "cash in the package" will disappear at the first customs inspection , so I think we should pass on that idea (no matter how charitable it is).

cheers
    We could still do it while the cam is in the States and if you're willing to contribute to sending it overseas, the next person there could continue with the 'donation' and so on and so on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digi,

I like that idea and when I start I will thow in a couple of bucks for the border crossing. If it gets to be too expensive for someone to ship overseas and those that want to contribute via paypal or something like that.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forgot to add: ANyone that is already in go ahead and please send yur addresses so that I can go ahead and start getting the list ready

G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi
    Forgot to add: ANyone that is already in go ahead and please send yur addresses so that I can go ahead and start getting the list ready

G.
    I'm assuming we should PM you with those?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I want in!

Anyone want to discuss if it would be a good thing to put the disposable camera in a less-disposable box tied with string or something so it'd be much easier to ship. My first thought would be a cheap rubbermaid box with a lid, then put the camera in a ziplock bag inside. We could punch a couple of holes in the lid and box through which we could thread some twine and tie it shut. (I guess tape would also work, but several generations of tape would really make the thing gummy and hard to process by various post offices.) Then, each recipient need only slap on some postage, two shipping labels, and tie it shut.

Is the topic for this roll going to be wide open, or shall we (or "you", if the event is full already) shoot on a given theme?

Finally, whose going to process it? Shall the last person on the list just take it to an hour minilab, get a photoCD and post the images? Maybe we'll have to get a special gallery from Sean if we're going to post a whole roll of images for one event. Almost certainly, that will overflow any single person's quota.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mullet,

You're in. Just pm me your address. I left subject open, thinking that whatever struck you might strike us as well. To me the beautiful part is that none of us know what the other is shooting so it might be quite suprising. As far as how to pack the camera for shipment I am open to any suggestions for keeping it as undamaged as possible ( who knows gets a couple of cracks in it we have a 35mm Holga! ) As far as processing goes however the last person who gets it can make that decision. However, it is C41 so it will more than likely have to be done commercially. In another part of the thread David Goldfarb had some recommendations about how we can go about posting the images. Have pm'ed Sean just waiting to hear from him.

G

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not fussed. I'll volunteer to either send it on overseas from Australia or develop it, although I wouldn't take it to a minilab, but prefer a B&W pro lab to be safe after such a huge journey!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I'll have a go - count me in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thread stickied and can make a gallery for it if needed..

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin