Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,132   Online: 1155

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have participated in one of these (usually refered to as chain cams), probably the ones mentioned early in this thread 'on that other site'. I think 1 out of 4 that have taken off have actually returned home, and the one that did make it back had it's journey truncated because it was taking so long and the 'owner' got it returned when they could... see this page for more details http://members.ozemail.com.au/~markthomasz/ My pic is #3 in the gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to get in on this as well, I think it is a great idea, kinda like a traveling portfolio in reverse!
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It seems like we have more willing photographers than there are shots on one of these cameras.

Can I suggest we split it up so that each country has its own camera? The APUGGERs from each country don't need to worry about sending it outside the borders and incurring high postage costs.

There may need to be a separate camera for the east and west coasts of USA, but otherwise there should be enough photographers from the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand to make it work on a "per country" basis.

What do you think?
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    It seems like we have more willing photographers than there are shots on one of these cameras.

Can I suggest we split it up so that each country has its own camera? The APUGGERs from each country don't need to worry about sending it outside the borders and incurring high postage costs.

There may need to be a separate camera for the east and west coasts of USA, but otherwise there should be enough photographers from the UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand to make it work on a "per country" basis.

What do you think?
    I kinda liked the idea of one camera traveling the world, so to speak. Just my opinion though - would want to do what is best for everyone. Maybe we could do the first project and send it around to the first 26 (I think that's the number of exposures) folks who responded; Kind of like a first come, first served sort of thing. Then for the 2nd project, we could continue with the list. What do ya'll think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Digidurst.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like idea of the camera traveling the world as well. I'm really, it's not a big deal in terms of costs. I don't mind being the last person in the US to send the camera onto Europe or Australia or wherever. Like the gnomes and the pink flamingoes...

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Count me in for the next round, or the first if someone drops out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    I kinda liked the idea of one camera traveling the world, so to speak. Just my opinion though - would want to do what is best for everyone. Maybe we could do the first project and send it around to the first 26 (I think that's the number of exposures) folks who responded; Kind of like a first come, first served sort of thing. Then for the 2nd project, we could continue with the list. What do ya'll think?
    Hm....maybe we could have the next to the last person on the roll buy the next camera (that way the last person does not have to bear the brunt of all expenses). Then that person would post here that they have the next camera & access the next group for mailing it. It would make the process continuous and everyone would get a rather quick chance at the camera.

I have been thinking about one other thing about this... aren't those B&W disposables C-41 processed? I'll look back through the thread to see if I missed this discussion.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    I have been thinking about one other thing about this... aren't those B&W disposables C-41 processed? I'll look back through the thread to see if I missed this discussion.
    Actually, Ilford does make a disposable HP5+ camera... And I might be interested in doing this the second round, I like your idea Jeanette.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    I like idea of the camera traveling the world as well. I'm really, it's not a big deal in terms of costs. I don't mind being the last person in the US to send the camera onto Europe or Australia or wherever. Like the gnomes and the pink flamingoes...

Art.
    Or,the APUG version of flat-Stanley...

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin