Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,448   Online: 948

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    YAY! I get to see them first!!!
    Lucky you...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Side Note:

I am working with my local community college to have a photo class where all the students in the class will use the same type of camera (probably a holga) so that the class will be based on content and subject matter rather than who has the better camera.
    Good idea David, although I don't believe it's the type tool you use, it's more how you use it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK G, I won't be holding my breath! Sometime further down the track everyone can let me know what I'm to do with the negs, scans...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Nicole,

Tell us how much a CD or a set of 4x6 prints of all the images would cost. Plus postage. We could send you the money in advance of the camera getting there.

Who keeps the negs? I say send them to Sean!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Waiting 5 or 6 months is gonna kill me !!!

Hurry everyone, shoot then post, shoot then post, it needs to be our group mantra

Glenn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was away overseas when this thread hit the forum, but please count me in for the next globetrotting camera :-)

Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Hey Nicole,

Tell us how much a CD or a set of 4x6 prints of all the images would cost. Plus postage. We could send you the money in advance of the camera getting there.

Who keeps the negs? I say send them to Sean!

Art.
    My local lab that produces a CD at processing time makes jpg files in the 200-250K size range from 35mm color images ("good enough" for a 4X6 inkjet print). Since this will be B&W, the images will probably be even smaller in size. I'm sure most labs are pretty much the same. Having said that, I have 500MB of storage space on my Verizon account - of which I use little - and in the spirit of keeping APUG's bandwidth use a bit lower, I would be more than happy to host the images on my web space so all participants can download the full load at their leisure.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi
    Hi all:

Well, I finally put the list together for our cameras little trip and will take my shot this weekend and send it on its way. Here's to good shots

G
    Awesome! Sounds like our little project is about to lift off Hey Gary, thanks for going to all the trouble to organize this!!

Now if I may make another suggestion... How about after we take our shot, we write a little note with info like our subject, time, date, etc.? At the end it will be easy to credit each photographer and we'll have a little journal that has traveled with the camera. I'm not talking book-length - just a little note. And if there's anything I can contribute as far as scanning, data entry, whatever - just let me know.

Thanks again Gary - we're all so excited!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nicole - i'd like a set of 4x6's and a cd of the pix as well as help with the processing cost. i'll send it in advance too. just let me know how much money to send and the best way to send it

tomtom
    VIVA LA FILM!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

1 Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Now if I may make another suggestion... How about after we take our shot, we write a little note with info like our subject, time, date, etc.? At the end it will be easy to credit each photographer and we'll have a little journal that has traveled with the camera. I'm not talking book-length - just a little note. And if there's anything I can contribute as far as scanning, data entry, whatever - just let me know.!
    Digi,

On the paper that will accompany the camera which has all the adresses for the route of the camera there is space on the right hand side for this, or we can just use the back of the paper.

G

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin