Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,875   Online: 946

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone, sure I'll send cd's, prints whatever you want.
    I suggest waiting until the camera is closer to the end.
    Has the camera been sent off yet?
    Did someone say sending the negs to Sean?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what about using something like snapfish? Ever heard of them? They are a photo sharing website. Here's the URL:

www.snapfish.com

They'll even develop the film. I think you need email addresses for everyone to view & download the pics.

Anyway...another option to look into.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole,

The camera has its shot and I will be sending on its way tomorrow.

G

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I'd like to give my name for the next round, I'm in Belgium...
    How many people are on that second round ?

PJ
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    what about using something like snapfish? Ever heard of them? They are a photo sharing website. Here's the URL:

www.snapfish.com

They'll even develop the film. I think you need email addresses for everyone to view & download the pics.

Anyway...another option to look into.
    Have you used them with good luck?

I have used their sister company "York Photo"* since that is my wife's historical processing company. They are OK for color, a disaster for B&W. Oddly, they are one of the few mail-order places that will do B&W, and the price is the same as for color. For standard B&W, I have had prints come back really washed-out (poor development) and a few rolls with scratched negatives. They sent me a note with one roll noting that somehow I had scratched the negatives..odd since I don't see it in my processing (or in film sent to A&I). Also, the scratches were not along the roll direction.

I have tried a couple of rolls of C41 B&W with them. The first set was great. Other sets are brown. One set the negs are either scratched or there are other major defects in the emulsions. The most recent roll was lost entirely. This is really odd since they sent us a letter telling us they had lost the payment and we needed to send them a check (i.e. they have the roll!). I only really use them because the grandparents can check the new pictures out and download them directly.

Given the slightly higher prices for Snapfish (price per print, they charge for downloading scans), maybe they won't suffer the same problems as York.

Matt

* check out the websites for york and snapfish--basically the same style and layout. It used to be that some of the pages for york went to snapfish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    [...]
    * check out the websites for york and snapfish--basically the same style and layout. It used to be that some of the pages for york went to snapfish.
    I'd think that if we used one of those types of sites rather than putting a gallery up on apug, it should be one that lets you open up the images to the entire public. Also, what happens one the second, third or fourth camera? Would these things have the quota to permit that number of albums to be shown?

I would think, wherever these images end up, it should be somewhere that the entirety of APUG could view, enjoy and easily comment on them within apug rather than restricting access to a specific set of users/passwords.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Thread stickied and can make a gallery for it if needed..

Since Sean has offered to us the use of a gallery I think that we should post them here.Also,I have just sent the camera on its merry way to disfromage.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never used Snapfish nor York. I thought it might be an inexpensive way for us all to download the images.

It's great that we have a place her where we will be able to view them.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i'm kind of late here, but wally's-mart uses fuji labs, they are ultra-cheap and do good work ( i can complain and i've sent hundreds of rolls to them ) if it is B&W, they send it to dwayne's ( happyd.com) and i've never had a problem with things sent there either. they will also burn cd's and for 'premium processing" will host images to their website for a period of time. i think premium processing (color/samsclub/walmart-->fuji) is something like $4-5. we always do double-24's and it is $4.04USD ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I just used walmart online for the first time and was very dissapointed. not only did they try to lighten up my night time shots, but half of them were only half frame.
    I have to agree that if Sean is good enough to give us space we should use it. I really don't understand why we would want to put them anywhere else.
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin