Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,000   Online: 694

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Still in Colorado Springs, but should be on it's way to Utah tomorrow.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I kept waiting for good light and a free moment to intersect, but gave up yesterday and clicked the shutter. The camera should arrive in Utah on Friday or Saturday.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    According to the US Postal Service, the camera was delivered to MenacingTourist's Utah address on Friday afternoon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey folks, please post a note to this thread when you send or receive the camera so we can keep track of it.

Secondly, please make a concerted effort to pass along the camera as soon as you can. A best-case scenario will take months to complete the circuit - if we hang on to it for extended periods it will extend it to an agonizingly long time.

I know it's hard to rush right out and make a shot that you know you'll be proud of. But the fact is, this shot is not going to define your ability - there are way too many variables that this setup doesn't allow you to control for this one shot to be your magnum opus. Let's just keep it fun and quick.

Sorry for the lecture, I'm just anxious that at least one of these traveling cameras makes the full circuit.

Thanks,
    Nathan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is there anyway to add locations? I missed this thread and am in St Pete, Fl....not sure what I do though..Just take one shot of something "florida" then send it on its way?

I can't be last on the list since all the photo stores closed here locally.
    David Savkovic

My home page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by g0tr00t
    Is there anyway to add locations?
    I guess we need to take a vote on this. Should we amend the sacred order or go on as planned?

While I wish we could include every APUG member in the fun, I'm beginning to feel that each round of this should be kept pretty short. If I had to do it over again I think that I might do as others have suggested and set it up to be 12 people, each with 2 shots - and just have more cameras.

Having said that, perhaps someone should start yet another round ...

Quote Originally Posted by g0tr00t
    ...not sure what I do though..Just take one shot of something "florida" then send it on its way?
    Not necessarily, I think part of the fun here is going to be seeing what folks pick as subjects. I expect there will be a wide range of things, probably things and places that people have quick access to.

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nathan,

I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned communication and 'speed'. Plus I think as an active coordinator, you are doing the right thing balancing fun with some 'get on with it' attitude. Passive coordination doesn't work.

Knowng hat I know now, for a Round 3, I wouldn't ask for everyone to sign up all at once. I'd change some rules around posting where the camera is before the next address gets sent out, timelines and also around delivery options. I think this will allow the coordinator the flexibility to change the route as needed.

Good luck in this round. Anxiously awaiting my turn.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera is in San Jose as of today. I hope to turn it around fairly quickly.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    The camera is in San Jose as of today. I hope to turn it around fairly quickly.

Matt
    OK, so much for quickly. But, the camera is on it's way.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    OK, so much for quickly. But, the camera is on it's way.

Matt
    Excellent! Hey, that's 5 out of 19, we're a quarter of the way done! The short quarter ... it's the last half where it really puts on it's travelling shoes ...

Nathan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin