Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,567   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part Deux?

Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi
    ... I am figuring about 6 to 7 months before you see it...
    Ok, I'll admit I lack patience. It's true.
    So, having said that - anybody up for doing round 2 now?

Just to keep things interesting let's make this one a bit different. I have here a fine camera that I'm willing to donate. A genuine "Vivitar EZ Point 'n Shoot Big View". It's greatest attribute is that you can load the film of your choice in it. Ok, the film is probably worth more than the camera, but that hopefully will add to the fun.

It's about as simple as they come. Fixed lens, fixed focus, fixed aperature ... this thing is fixed good. According to my handy-dandy Calumet shutter tester it runs at 1/125, I haven't figured out the aperature. The only drawback to this camera (I can't believe I just said that) is that, like most or all of these simple beasties, you really need to be 4 ft or more from your subject. That may be true of the disposables too, I don't know.

So, is anyone interested?
    What film should we use? How many exposures?
    I guess the last person on the roll should develop it.
    I suppose we should start with folks that didn't make it onto the list for the last '1 camera' go around, but repeats are fine with me if there's room.

Give me your opinions and ideas (like I needed to say that).

Thanks,
    Nathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was thinking about sending 'round my Mamiya 7II with 50mm lens but I am having second thoughts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... I should add that I'm really not out to take anything away from ggriffi or anyone on the first group. No contention, everybody's welcome to play, doesn't even have to be my fine camera It was just such a great idea that I wanted to get in on it, and I suspect that many others do too.

Sad that the last week or so has led to such disclaimers.

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I missed out on the first round too, but I'd be interested. I'm curious, also, how that first round will turn out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whew... I just checked the other thread, it's got 8 more stops to go before I get it!

I don't think you're jumpring the gun, but I think you should send out a Nikon F5 instead

It would be interesting if the second camera crossed paths with the first - count me in!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nathan,

I to would be interested but only if you can't get enough folks.

"I should add that I'm really not out to take anything away from ggriffi or anyone on the first group."

I think it is cool that you are wanting to get another one started.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it makes it to the UK, count me in.

I guess a film with a good latitude in standard developer may be needed so FP4+/PlusX probably safest choice? Other option is XP2 or other C-41 film as that probably has widest latitude of all. Might want to use 24 exposure film so as to get it around as fast as possible, ready for the next round...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I don't think you're jumpring the gun, but I think you should send out a Nikon F5 instead
    Gee Bob, that's a great idea - care to donate one?

Actually, my first idea was a round-robin where I would be first & last. I'd provide a certain Kodak 33A and the 1st person would fix the front standard, the 2nd would replace the bellows, the 3rd would refinish it, ... didn't think I'd get too many takers on that one though.

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i'm up for it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    I guess a film with a good latitude in standard developer may be needed so FP4+/PlusX probably safest choice? Other option is XP2 or other C-41 film as that probably has widest latitude of all. Might want to use 24 exposure film so as to get it around as fast as possible, ready for the next round...
    Since the 1st world-traveling camera is C-41 I thought it would be fun to go with something different in this one. FP4 sounds good to me, anyone else have an opinion? Keep in mind 1/125 and a relatively large aperture (I think).

Nathan

Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin