Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 770

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi!

I'm sorry the late answeer!
    I'm working with kids with drugproblems so I'm out tenting a lot.. (if anyone have seen "bratcamp" they have a idea..*smiles*

Ok, my sister has picked up the camera and has sent it to me (i work 8 hours a way from where I live, and here a stay in 30 days, and then 17 days at home). I'll guess I have the camera in my hand by tomorrow or latest the next day!

I'll pass it along in a day or two

Best regards
    Tormod
    [SIZE=1]Finally, the viewer’s ambient lighting strikes the silver print, and illuminates the original scene. All the elements add together, and the viewers mind begin a wonderful journey in a world that just he or she knows.

This is the photograph’s moment.

~ Tormod Torgersen, fine art photographer
    Norway[/SIZE]

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good news Tormod, and thanks for checking in.

Say - why don't you get some of your "subjects" to pose for a group shot before you send the camera on to me? If I get the camera this week, I can have the film developed, printed and scanned before the weekend. Judging from my own (limited) experience with these kids, they'll like that!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update Tormod.

Looking forward to seeing the results Ole.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the current status of the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by tormod View Post
    Hi!

I'm sorry the late answeer!
    I'm working with kids with drugproblems so I'm out tenting a lot.. (if anyone have seen "bratcamp" they have a idea..*smiles*

Ok, my sister has picked up the camera and has sent it to me (i work 8 hours a way from where I live, and here a stay in 30 days, and then 17 days at home). I'll guess I have the camera in my hand by tomorrow or latest the next day!

I'll pass it along in a day or two

Best regards
    Tormod

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx View Post
    What's the current status of the camera?
    Tormod phoned me Friday, and we agreed he'll drop it off on his way home on Monday.

Then I'll get my one snap, and develop the film. I'll do a quick film scan as soon as it's dry, so pictures should be up by Wednesday.
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great, looking forward to seeing the results.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Tormod phoned me Friday, and we agreed he'll drop it off on his way home on Monday.

Then I'll get my one snap, and develop the film. I'll do a quick film scan as soon as it's dry, so pictures should be up by Wednesday.
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    That will indeed be very interesting... It's not the most user friendly camera, and I usually run a test-roll in my folders in order to figure out their quirks in focus, exposure and framing... So basically I'm curious to know how many of the 8-shots are actually usable!

Then I'll grab my Moskva-5 to take pictures over the christmas holidays!
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bessa's home again!

Tormod and I didn't manage to meet up yesterday, but he left the camera with a note at a nearby gas station. I've just been there to pick it up, and stopped on my way home to take my picture. The location I've planned for a long time just happened to be on the way. While I was there I also found one of the rarest mushrooms in Norway, I think that's the fifth ever find (and my third)...

Now a cup of coffee to thaw out before I develop the film (which will give the JOBO a little time to warm up - I'll do it in the JOBO since I have six other films to develop today.

Not far from where I picked up the camera is a small gallery with an exellent frame making service, run by a photographer, so I stopped there for a chat and to get some pictures framed.

So far, a really nice day!
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    ... While I was there I also found one of the rarest mushrooms in Norway, I think that's the fifth ever find (and my third)...
    Watch out for those mushrooms! Better eat it AFTER you have the film developed

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Some good news, and some bad news.

There are images on the film, and most of them look fine.

When I got the camera it was advanced half way to the last frame, and it was very difficult to persuade the film to advance enough to take the picture. But I did manage without too many "crunchy sounds".

When I opened the camera to extract the film (I couldn't advance, remember?) I found that the film had been "riding the edge" of the spool, probably all the time. Not only the backing paper, much of the film too. I think Bessas may not like the "postal treatment" much - I've seen lopsided spooling before, but nothing like this!

Anyway I managed to extract the roll and feed the film into the spool. When about one third of the film was left, there as an area that was ripped to pieces - the film was almost totally severed! I had to tear the end off to load that separately, 120 film is difficult enough to load without rips and tears!

So I was understandably a little apprehensive when I opened the tank to hang the film to dry (I had run three other films at the same time, and the bl*oody magnet on the base of the drum snapped right off after only a minute of running. So the rest of the time it was hand-rolled in a JOBO CPE2).

First the short end (beginning of the film): One fine old bridge, one fine pregnant nude, and just a corner of the next frame.

Rest of the film: A wooden fence - film ripped and crinkled, but I should be able to salvage most of it! Then a blurry landscape, a blank frame, lots of bicycles, a dam, and a modern bridge (that's mine).

So: One frame partially damaged, one frame blank, one blurry, and five look fine!

Due to the damage I won't scan the negatives after all, but make prints and scan them - the glass negative carrier should help keeping it flat. So you'll have to be patient a little while longer.
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin