Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,701   Online: 751

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I would prefer to just shoot one or two images; I really don't have the time or interest to shoot an entire roll of B&W film.
    Just a reminder: 6x9 on 120 is only 8 exposures. If it makes you feel any better, you can shoot a roll of Velvia through it too.
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a suggestion, but I think you should make up the rules BEFORE everyone signs up. It would also be good to list it all in one posting rather have everyone make up suggestions and this back and forth going on. So what are rules now? One roll each or one pic each or it's up to you? Is someone supplying film or do we get our own? Is it 35mm or 120? B&W or colour or doesn't matter? Do we make prints ourselves? Do we pack up everything and send it along? Has anyone thought about the idea of sending 20 unprocessed rolls through the mail 20 times - postage, packaing and x-rays?

My suggestion is to use this thread to figure things out, get consensus and then post another thread doing this all over again. Next time tell people specifically what the organized function is, and ask them specifically for the info you need up front.

Remember the idea was that this round was going to be FASTER than the last two rounds (which is also a bit disorganized) and now we're going to have everyone shoot an entire roll each? Yes, this round will go faster, since it's only taking 6 months to organize! LMAO.

Sorry to be harsh, but I think a little reality is in order here.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Just a suggestion, but I think you should make up the rules BEFORE everyone signs up. It would also be good to list it all in one posting rather have everyone make up suggestions and this back and forth going on. So what are rules now? One roll each or one pic each or it's up to you? Is someone supplying film or do we get our own? Is it 35mm or 120? B&W or colour or doesn't matter? Do we make prints ourselves? Do we pack up everything and send it along? Has anyone thought about the idea of sending 20 unprocessed rolls through the mail 20 times - postage, packaing and x-rays?

My suggestion is to use this thread to figure things out, get consensus and then post another thread doing this all over again. Next time tell people specifically what the organized function is, and ask them specifically for the info you need up front.

Remember the idea was that this round was going to be FASTER than the last two rounds (which is also a bit disorganized) and now we're going to have everyone shoot an entire roll each? Yes, this round will go faster, since it's only taking 6 months to organize! LMAO.

Sorry to be harsh, but I think a little reality is in order here.

Regards, Art.

Having given this more thought overnight I must agree with both gr82bart and roteague. Personally I would find it difficult to find time to get 8 shots. Also, it does seem to be moving away from the original concept somewhat.

Here is a summary of what I considered to be the "rules" when I started this thread ages ago.

1. One shot per person.
    2. Everyone pays their own postage.
    3. Move the camera on as quickly as possible
    4. Last holder of the camera processes the film and posts the images.

It really struck me as being that simple, you recieve the camera, take a shot and then send it on to the next address.

My intention is to include a printed itinery, with room for a few notes by each photographer to say something about the picture taken, this can be posted at the end with the images.

Ole, my understanding from yuor description of the Balda is that it's convertible to 6X6, which would be 12 shots. As it stands if we used 6 X 9 then we could all shoot 2 frames each, as I only have 4 addresses.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, the Balda has a 6x6 insert and two red windows, one each for 6x6 and 6x9. I can't remember if it has a release lock or not...

If doing one shot each, I suggest it should be the responsibility of each participant to advance the film after exposure, so that the camera is ready for the next recipient. That way we might avoid double exposures as well as unexposed frames.

When we know how many "steps" there will be, I can take out the insert (if fewer than 8) or leave it in (9 to 12 participants). I'll put a piece of black tape over the unused window to avoid confusion too.

I'm volunteering the camera, and a roll of film if we all shoot one frame: APX100 OK with everyone?

If I'm last on the list I also get my camera back, so I'll volunteer to develop and print the film as well.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Yes, the Balda has a 6x6 insert and two red windows, one each for 6x6 and 6x9. I can't remember if it has a release lock or not...

If doing one shot each, I suggest it should be the responsibility of each participant to advance the film after exposure, so that the camera is ready for the next recipient. That way we might avoid double exposures as well as unexposed frames.

When we know how many "steps" there will be, I can take out the insert (if fewer than 8) or leave it in (9 to 12 participants). I'll put a piece of black tape over the unused window to avoid confusion too.

I'm volunteering the camera, and a roll of film if we all shoot one frame: APX100 OK with everyone?

If I'm last on the list I also get my camera back, so I'll volunteer to develop and print the film as well.

That sounds fine by me Ole, on all counts.
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Fine by me as well!

PJ
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another call for addresses. Last time.....
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    apx 100 works for me. it should. i just bought 4 100' rolls of 35mm film.
    -chris

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm closing the list. I think it's long overdue to actually put this into motion.

For those of you who's address I have I'll PM you with an itinery tomorrow.

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A quick update from the slowest interenet connection I have ever had the "pleasure" of waiting for:

I have brought the camera with me to work (oil rig, offshore Denmark) for a cleaning and general checkout.

The lens is now cleaner than it's been in many, many years! It's a triplet, but like many others I have taken some very good pictures with triplets...

The shutter works, on all three speeds (25, 50 and 100) plus B. There is no double exposure lock, though...

Bellows look very good, the rest of the camera looks at least light tight.

I get home from here on the 18th (with any luck), will then use that weekend to shoot a test roll after checking the shutter speeds. Then I'll write a little manual, and send it out on it's journey!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin