Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,346   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Let's all shoot 1 camera, Part 3?

As it was suggested that I start round 3 when I enquired, here goes.

Looking through the other threads there's been a few suggestions to improve, or at least speed up the transit of the camera. Of these the only one I feel is appropriate is for each participant to shoot 2 frames. If anyone is interested then post below, and please add your vote for either 1 or 2 frames. I'll abstain at this point and use my vote in the event of a tie.

I don't have a camera for this yet, but aim to get a b&w single use jobby (If I can find one.), failing that it'll probably be a colour one, unless something more interesting turns up.

Cheers

Martin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mmmm, dissapointing.
    Given the complete lack of interest there doesn't seem any point in keeping the offer to run round 3 open.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm in.

I think you just need to give it a bit more time. Also, some here probably aren't aware of the two cameras that are already making the rounds. Might want to find out what their status is.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know how exactly this works, but what the heck, I'm in too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by micek
    I don't know how exactly this works, but what the heck, I'm in too.
    Basically, it is a throw-away camera. The camera is sent to the first person on the list, who takes 1 picture and then sends it on to the next person on the list. This keeps going until the end of the list is reached. The last person on the list has the pictures developed and uploaded to APUG. The list is limited to 24 or 36 people. Those that sign up need to realize they are going to incure the postage costs of sending it to the next person - and this thing will go around the world to several different countries.

It really is fun,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi wiseowl! If you can't get a full crowd then count me in!
    Go back through the Round 2 thread and look for the latecomers who didn't make it, they'll probably be interested. That's how I found a bunch of the Round 2 folks. Also, be patient, it'll take a while for people to notice the thread. In the meantime, you can discuss what kind of camera to use, what film, etc. - that'll keep the thread at the top of the list so it gets noticed ... and it's fun besides.
    Round 1 used a disposable camera loaded with C41 (color) process black & white film. For Round 2 we used a very cheap Vivitar and decided on HP5+ for the film. Again, looking back through the Round1 & Round2 threads you may see some opinions and suggestions expressed.
    Good luck, and thanks for doing this!
    Nathan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    If you can't get a full crowd, count me in also, I like the concept!
    Maybe something we can actually focus could be nice...
    Or maybe one of those underwater disposables? Could make for some interesting possibilities...

PJ
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great, nice to see some interest I was starting to feel invisible.

I've been considering getting an old folder to use, 120 film with some control and not so heavy as to be too expensive to send overseas.

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds great, count me in, too! I like the folder idea and I'd vote for two frames, just because shooting is fun. In terms of what film, I'd vote for color, since the last rounds had gone b/w, and I'd love to see what the colors are in other parts of the world.

Imke
    --------------------
    www.imkelass.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heck, I'm in again.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin