Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,858   Online: 1201

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Matt,

According to the Canada Post tracking website, they attempted delivery on the 27th, then transferred to the 6th st retail location for pickup (with the delivery card)

SIXTH STREET PO
    617 BELMONT ST
    NEW WESTMINSTER BC V3M 3C0

Phone: 1-800-267-1177

I am leaving for 3 weeks so if you need to follow up, it is item # 0358576000265687
    It took a detour, but I now have the camera. What a fine piece of technology it is!

Now all I need is some sunshine

The last few days here have been darker and wetter than usual for October. I will persevere.

Matt

P.S. Martin, was it you who included the Alberta promotional material in with the packing ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a little bit of factoids:
    • US Postal Service - 11 people in about 8 weeks - Jun 16 to Aug 8
    • Canada Post - 4 people in about 8 weeks (and it hasn't left Canada yet!) - Aug 22 to Oct 2.
    Hmmm .... John Bartley, you weren't kidding! :o

None the less, the first camera is somewhere in the former Yugoslavia and I still think we can 'beat' it home!

OK, now will someone sacrifice a chicken or something so Matt can get some sunshine?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    OK, now will someone sacrifice a chicken or something so Matt can get some sunshine?

Regards, Art.
    Consider it done... I'm still holding out the hope that it manages to get from Australia to Ireland in one piece!
    And now for a nice roast chicken dinner... mmmmmm...

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Just a little bit of factoids:
    • US Postal Service - 11 people in about 8 weeks - Jun 16 to Aug 8
    • Canada Post - 4 people in about 8 weeks (and it hasn't left Canada yet!) - Aug 22 to Oct 2.
    Hmmm .... John Bartley, you weren't kidding! :o

None the less, the first camera is somewhere in the former Yugoslavia and I still think we can 'beat' it home!

Regards, Art.
    Hi Art and others.

The sun peaked out briefly yesterday, so it has been shot. Did a backup shot as well on another camera of the same scene, for identification purposes.

I packaged it up this morning and my wife has volunteered to go to the post office today. I am just sending it Air Mail to Tim in California - the lowest cost service with tracking would be about $23.00. And that is the real, robust Canadian dollars, not those wimpy US dollars .

One point about the delay though - the 4 Canadian stops are separated by three time zones and almost 3000 miles in total (compare that to the distances between the first 6 stops) - and at least some of the delay was my fault due to the fact that I was away for 12+ days at just the wrong time (although for the life of me I cannot figure what time on the 27th they tried to first deliver it - did they wait intentionally for the brief period during lunch when my office closes so they wouldn't have to come in and say hi?).

Matt

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I am not sure whether Mudhaus or I will get it next, but if it does arrive, I am confident I can find something of interest here in the wilds of Silicon Valley. Knowing the history of the camera though, it will probably start raining.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Well I am not sure whether Mudhaus or I will get it next, but if it does arrive, I am confident I can find something of interest here in the wilds of Silicon Valley. Knowing the history of the camera though, it will probably start raining.

tim in san jose
    A further update:

My wife confirms that the camera has now been mailed. Even better, Canada Post apparently does offer a tracking facility for air mail at a reasonable cost.

I've PM'd k_jupiter with the address it was sent to. Hope it was right!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    A further update:

My wife confirms that the camera has now been mailed. Even better, Canada Post apparently does offer a tracking facility for air mail at a reasonable cost.

I've PM'd k_jupiter with the address it was sent to. Hope it was right!

Matt
    OMG, our little sojourner has been dispatched via sled dog to an address of questionable nature.

Will this much-traveled image machine reach its next destination?

Stay tuned folks, for the next exciting adventure of "Let's all shoot one camera part 4"!

BTW: do we get to divvy up the frequent flier miles of this sucker amongst us?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Consider it done... I'm still holding out the hope that it manages to get from Australia to Ireland in one piece!
    And now for a nice roast chicken dinner... mmmmmm...

Síle
    I hope so too. Talk about bad timing! In two weeks work is sending me to Tasmania for about two weeks. I have to commission a new electricity substation. If the camera gets to Sydney while I am in Tasmania, there will be a delay. I'm sorry about this. I'll try and get my fiance to send it down to me in Tasmania, if this happens.

If it gets here before I leave for Tassie, i'll make sure to take the photo and send it on its merry way to Ireland.

regards,
    Thanasis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The sun peaked out briefly yesterday, so it has been shot.
    How'd you manage to do that? I'm told it's millions of miles away!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    OMG, our little sojourner has been dispatched via sled dog to an address of questionable nature.

Will this much-traveled image machine reach its next destination?

Stay tuned folks, for the next exciting adventure of "Let's all shoot one camera part 4"!

BTW: do we get to divvy up the frequent flier miles of this sucker amongst us?
    Sorry George,

Via pmail Matt and I figured out it was going to me next, correct address. I will snap the picture (too bad I am no longer in Monterey) and get it to Mudhaus. I suspect California will be a breeze (assuming no earthquakes).

Dogsled services don't have frequent flyer miles, only flexible flyer miles.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin