Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,519   Online: 1060

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...hehehehehe....where did I put my Sabs albums?...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CHICKEN BARLEY STEW WITH HERBS

2-3 LB chicken breasts on the bone
    2 Tablespoons Butter
    1 LB leeks (3-4 large ones, 4-5 little ones) thickly cut. May substitute onions
    4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
    6 oz barley
    3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
    3 3/4 cups water
    2 bay leaves
    1 Tablespoon dried sage

Comment: This is originally an Anglo-Saxon recipe. The original calls for rabbit, but chicken is just as good.
    In a large Dutch Oven, melt the butter, then fry the leeks and garlic in the butter. Add the chicken and brown. Add remaining ingredients, reserving the sage. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove chicken from pot and let cool. Remove meat from bones and add back to the pot. Add sage. Stir well and serve. Leftovers freeze well. Serves 8

From "Recipes for the Sabbots & Esbats" http://www.unc.edu/~reddeer/recipe/r...n.html#chixbar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL You guys slay me!

Anyway, I've had multiple and concurrent professional and personal *stuff* going on in my life and so I haven't been keeping track on this. Anyway, I did receive an e-mail from Michael:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudhaus
    Hi Art,

My apologies. I shot my photo and packed up the camera early in the week. Then we all caught a bug here and never got out of the house to run errands. I will put the camera in the mail on Monday morning.

I am sending it to Guillermo Meraz and I do not have his email address. Can you let him know it's coming.

Thanks!

Michael
    So, Guillermo (guissimo), you are next!

Regards, Art (Pagan chicken recipe to follow soon ... here chickey, chickey, chickey ....)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eskyone View Post

I'm very interested!!
    If you are smart, you don't put your name and address anywhere on the web. Edit this out please.

Round five has slipped it's moorings.

tim
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Art,
    Thanks for the update! I'll check the mail when I get home.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Tim. - Deleted.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got the camera! Fedex dropped it off this morning. I'm going to Yosemite this weekend, so I'll mail it to Australia next Monday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming q_mo doesn't drop it off Bridal Veil Falls, it looks like we successfully made it through the USofA.

Lucky Bahstahd. It's been too long since I have been to Yosemite.

tim (thinking fondly of his 40th B-Day on a trail in the Upper Valley with his daughter on his back. She is now 5'6" tall, weighs in at 110 lbs.) in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, somehow the camera ended up riding the Merced river for a mile or so. Fortunately, it was rescued by a bear
    C'mon Tim, you are not that far from Yosemite. Join the Bay Area caravan that floods Yosemite on weekends.
    Kidding aside, I'll drop the camera at the post office no later than Thursday. I tried Monday but the post office was busier than usual, so I left.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guissimo View Post
    Kidding aside, I'll drop the camera at the post office no later than Thursday. I tried Monday but the post office was busier than usual, so I left.
    Now you know why the rest of us consider Californians to be "laid back"!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin