The "laid back" California finally drove to the post office and he's happy to report that the camera is on its way in Australia. Thanasis will get it in a about a week.
I have infrequent access to the internet here in Tasmania. Today was the first day in a week that I could check in. Glad to hear that the camera is on its way. I'm here in Tasmania and I will be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks. It's a pity that I didn't have it it here in Tassie as the scenery around Zeehan township is spectacular.
Originally Posted by Thanasis
Just remember one thing. This camera was made in and began it's journey from the Northern Latitudes. Now that it's heading down to the Antipodes you have to turn it upside down when you shoot it. Otherwise you picture will be both "down under" and "backward" !
All kidding aside, having been to Tassie - you're right - you'd have some great opportunities there - but Sydney's quite photogenic too.
"He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.
Just letting you all know that I am back home and the camera is here too. I'll be taking the photograph and then sending the camera on it's merry way to Ireland.
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
hey this is great!
sounds like a project I was trying to start...
this fall I sent a camera off to a photo workshop for people to pass around...and we were discussing this type of project
I'm 100% up for it
LOL...ooops...appears I'm a bit too late...maybe next time
That's great news! We're on the home stretch now. A few stops in Europe and then Art's place! Very cool.
Originally Posted by Thanasis
Awesome! Seems the camera is zooming along, irritating pagan chicken recipes notwithstanding. Status:
19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile) <--- The camera will arrive here next
21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)
Here's my recipe for Murg Makhani ...
Chicken – 1 kg, skinned, boned, and cubed
Yogurt – 5 tablespoons
Tandoori masala – 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
Lime juice – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon, or to taste
Cummin powder – 1 teaspoon
Orange zest – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Onions – 2, sliced
Ginger – 1 inch piece, crushed into a fine paste
Garlic – 6 cloves, crushed into a fine paste
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
White pepper – 1 teaspoon
Tomatoes – 2, pureed
Cream – 2 tablespoons
Cashews – 10
Almonds – 5
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, fresh, chopped
1. Marinate the chicken with the marinade ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Make a nut paste by crushing nuts and blend with water until a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil and butter in a medium wok and fry onions for 3 minutes or until golden.
4. Add the ginger and garlic paste along with a little water and fry till oil separates.
5. Add the marinated chicken mixture and stir-fry for 8-10 minutes.
6. Add chilli, coriander, turmeric, white pepper, tomato puree, nut paste, and mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add 2 cups of water, mix well, and bring it to boil. Cover and cook in a low flame until chicken is done. It takes approximately 10 minutes.
8. Add cream and stir in well. The sauce will start to thicken.
9. Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha, or naan.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and a dollop of fresh cream.
Art, that recipe sounds awesome! I will give it a try over the holidays. Thanks!
I'm getting excited and hungry all at once..
Timing is perfect too as the weather here is glorious at the moment, now if it would just last a little longer..
If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?