Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,304   Online: 901

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    I'm getting excited and hungry all at once..

Timing is perfect too as the weather here is glorious at the moment, now if it would just last a little longer..

Síle
    Sile,

Your enthusiasm is boundless given that the poor thing is leaving the sunny Summer antipodes for the coldest, greyest, darkest time of the year in Northern Europe!

Good thing this camera has a built-in flash unit. Should make it easier for taking pictures at noon-time!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Sile,

Good thing this camera has a built-in flash unit. Should make it easier for taking pictures at noon-time!
    Oh George.. that's a low blow.. coming from sunny Tuscon? Tuscon, where the pagan chickens cook themselves as they cross the road - I do hate mixing bad jokes and good recipes Now we'd all be jealous if Síle came back with a great photo of a nice draught of Guiness, true?

Seriously.. it has been exciting to see this camera travel along, the recipes bouncing around the threads are just a bennie!
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like to think that George was in New York when he made this post - how's the snow George?

From Matt, in Delta British Columbia, where the first (and hopefully last time) this year, it is trying to make its mind about whether to slush, or to snow.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sile,
    Your enthusiasm is boundless given that the poor thing is leaving the sunny Summer antipodes for the coldest, greyest, darkest time of the year in Northern Europe!
    Ah George anyone can take a picture in the sunshine.. But there's nothing quite like the diffused early morning and evening light in the Irish countryside...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon King View Post
    Now we'd all be jealous if Síle came back with a great photo of a nice draught of Guinness, true?
    So very true... And I could share a pint of Guinness with the camera when we're finished shooting and go sacrifice another chicken

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I like to think that George was in New York when he made this post - how's the snow George?
    Cold I hope Matt...

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chicken with Guinness....hmmmmm....pukka.....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon King View Post
    Oh George.. that's a low blow.. coming from sunny Tuscon? Tuscon, where the pagan chickens cook themselves as they cross the road - I do hate mixing bad jokes and good recipes Now we'd all be jealous if Síle came back with a great photo of a nice draught of Guiness, true?
    ......!
    Alas, I wish that Jon were still correct, but we returned to NYC and Copake last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

From Matt, in Delta British Columbia, where the first (and hopefully last time) this year, it is trying to make its mind about whether to slush, or to snow.

Matt
    Matt,

A blast of cold air upon our arrival back in NYC woke us up - and we did see some snow flurries on Friday night up in Copake.

But now, global warming seems to have returned and we are "basking" as if it were still mid-Autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Ah George anyone can take a picture in the sunshine.. But there's nothing quite like the diffused early morning and evening light in the Irish countryside........
    Síle
    Sile,

What is amazing too about this time of the year where you are is that the diffused early morning and evening light of the Irish countryside happen at the same time!

Just kidding - looking forward to your pic, and one of a pint o' Guinness would look quite nice.

Perhaps the next round of this kind of thread should be "pub shots around the world"?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remember to put film in your camera BEFORE you start drinking....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps the next round of this kind of thread should be "pub shots around the world"?
    Rest assured George, when you get Round 5's Camera, please feel free to use it in the bar, pub, gasthaus, tavern, deep dive, hole in the wall, of your choice.

We look forward to your contribution.

Now just pour me another draft of Guinness, 'cause it is the best in the land...

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    CHICKEN BARLEY STEW WITH HERBS

2-3 LB chicken breasts on the bone
    2 Tablespoons Butter
    1 LB leeks (3-4 large ones, 4-5 little ones) thickly cut. May substitute onions
    4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
    6 oz barley
    3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
    3 3/4 cups water
    2 bay leaves
    1 Tablespoon dried sage

Comment: This is originally an Anglo-Saxon recipe. The original calls for rabbit, but chicken is just as good.
    In a large Dutch Oven, melt the butter, then fry the leeks and garlic in the butter. Add the chicken and brown. Add remaining ingredients, reserving the sage. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove chicken from pot and let cool. Remove meat from bones and add back to the pot. Add sage. Stir well and serve. Leftovers freeze well. Serves 8

From "Recipes for the Sabbots & Esbats" http://www.unc.edu/~reddeer/recipe/r...n.html#chixbar
    You know the Winter Solstice is approaching. I have not seen a better recipe to celebrate the waning of the sun than this (unless you live in the southern hemisphere...) ...

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK people, where's the camera? Last I heard ...

19. AUSTRALIA - Arthur (Thanasis)
    20. Ireland - Sheila (Sile) <--- The camera will arrive here next
    21. Belgium - Marc (Marc Leest)
    22. Germany - Ruediger (rst)
    23. Norway - Ole (Ole)
    24. NORWAY - Birger (BirgerA)
    25. USA CT - Art (gr82bart)

Update Arthur? Hope you didn't get run over by a couple Tasmanian Devils!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin