Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,591   Posts: 1,545,960   Online: 1268

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Still waiting patiently....
    I took a photo this morning and the camera is finally on its way to Ireland. Have fun Sheila!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis View Post
    I took a photo this morning and the camera is finally on its way to Ireland. Have fun Sheila!!
    Hey! Give us a recipe Arthur! You can't get away that easy ... what about sago grub stew, wombat on a spit or something delish like that?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hey! Give us a recipe Arthur! You can't get away that easy ... what about sago grub stew, wombat on a spit or something delish like that?

Regards, Art.
    OMG!

Art - this is camera #4.

The recipe thing is for camera #5!

And, geez, come to think of it - I'm about to shoot 5 and pass it to you - and I still don't have a recipe! :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recipes in the thread to the left of you, recipes in the thread to the right of you ... be afraid of the recipes George. Be very afraid ...

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim you're making me hungry again.. although I honestly have no idea what half the things you're going to eat are.. such as "ettoufee", it all sounds good. Hope you enjoy it whatever you do over the holidays.

I'm thinking of changing things slightly and roasting the camera and sending the chicken on to the next person on the list.. whaddya think?

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis View Post
    Thanks Arthur, I will! I'm really looking forward to it's arrival now..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aha!

I have found a recipe for #5!

I'm off the hook for #4 because I shot off that sucker back in August before this recipe thing got going . And besides then the camera got bogged down - first in Canada and then in the Antipodes!

Although I'm the family cook - I haven't tried the chicken recipe I'll post on #5 so you'll be on your own (although it does look interesting).

And, since I'm also the family lawyer - I'll be sure to post a full disclaimer and also expect that APUG and Sean will fully indemnify me for both simple and gross negligence etc. if the recipe maims or kills you and/or yours!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Tim you're making me hungry again.. although I honestly have no idea what half the things you're going to eat are.. such as "ettoufee", it all sounds good. Hope you enjoy it whatever you do over the holidays.

I'm thinking of changing things slightly and roasting the camera and sending the chicken on to the next person on the list.. whaddya think?

Síle
    ettoufee is a sauce based dish with shrimp or crayfish (a miniture fresh water lobster looking thing) in poured over rice. Well made ettoufee is so... well it rolls off your tongue and tickles your taste buds as it descends into your stomach.

I have a fond saying that when I die, I am going to hell becuase that's where all the bad women go and I like bad women. But if I find out they only serve ettoufee in heaven... I gots a problem.

Gumbo is a cajun stew made with chicken and or sausage and or seafood, with peppers onions okra and whatnot in it. 7,000,000 gumbo makers, 7,000,000 recipes. It's thick also with the sauce made from file (pronouned fee lay) a root of some plant ground up.

Poorboys are a southern equivalent of submarine sandwiches (or hogies, grinders, torpedos, or whatever you call them). They have meat or fish with salad and mayo on them usually. The bread is important in these.

I eat well in New Orleans.

tim in san jose
    Last edited by k_jupiter; 12-13-2007 at 09:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    ettoufee is a sauce based dish with shrimp or crayfish (a miniture fresh water lobster looking thing) in poured over rice. Well made ettoufee is so... well it rolls off your tongue and tickles your taste buds as it descends into your stomach.

I have a fond saying that when I die, I am going to hell becuase that's where all the bad women go and I like bad women. But if I find out they only serve ettoufee in heaven... I gots a problem.

Gumbo is a cajun stew made with chicken and or sausage and or seafood, with peppers onions okra and whatnot in it. 7,000,000 gumbo makers, 7,000,000 recipes. It's thick also with the sauce made from file (pronouned fee lay) a root of some plant ground up.

Poorboys are a southern equivalent of submarine sandwiches (or hogies, grinders, torpedos, or whatever you call them). They have a meat or fish with salad and mayo on them usually. The bread is important in these.

I eat well in New Orleans.

tim in san jose
    So, tim, let me ask you this (from the NY Times crossword last Friday):

"Traditional Monday N.O. dinner"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    So, tim, let me ask you this (from the NY Times crossword last Friday):

"Traditional Monday N.O. dinner"

Red beans and Rice.

Everyone knows that.

*L*

Fortunately, I won't be in N.O. on Monday, either week. In Mobile AL, Monday is New Years Eve, correct? We have a couple pounds of steamed shrimp, baked potatoes, a green veggie, boiled peanuts, and some quantities of white wine. If it's not too cold, we sit out on the back porch, telling lies and eating good food.

It's a nice way to bring in the new year.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin