Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,633   Online: 1145

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    I checked and DHL told me that it sits at Norwegian customs.
    Oh, oh ... well, these camera's, if one thinks about their travels from their point of view, have 'seen' a lot!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote: "Oh, oh ... well, these camera's, if one thinks about their travels from their point of view, have 'seen' a lot!

Regards, Art."

Yeah, kind of like those pictures one would see of travel luggage with all those "destination labels".

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well - I don't know if the camera has arrived or not. But what was supposed to be a quick job has turned into an "interesting" one, so I'm still stuck out here!

I'll get home in a day or two (I hope).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Well - I don't know if the camera has arrived or not. But what was supposed to be a quick job has turned into an "interesting" one, so
    Isn't that what always happens to quick jobs. Accoring to DHL tracking the camera has left customs right after you left for your job.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well - I don't know if the camera has arrived or not. But what was supposed to be a quick job has turned into an "interesting" one, so I'm still stuck out here!

I hate when that happens. I have been walking around work for months thinking... If you are not allowed to do the job right, at least make it interesting.

My wishes have come true. Damn, damn, damn...

*L*

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The problem with this kind of job is that we don't even know what "right" is until afterwards!

So far, all three models of reservoir development have been rejected. All available data has been reevaluated, reinterpreted and re-rethought - and some has been re-collected too. And we still don't know where to go...

But at least there have been more surprises on this well section than most geologists see in a decade, so I'm learning a lot - and there's enough oil down there to make it worth it.
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The problem with this kind of job is that we don't even know what "right" is until afterwards!

So far, all three models of reservoir development have been rejected. All available data has been reevaluated, reinterpreted and re-rethought - and some has been re-collected too. And we still don't know where to go...

But at least there have been more surprises on this well section than most geologists see in a decade, so I'm learning a lot - and there's enough oil down there to make it worth it.
    Interesting projects always allow you to learn a lot. But.. when the CEO puts you on a team to find a software control company and a hardware company to be the basis of your company saving "next big project"... then tells you you can't choose 'X' software company, or 'Y' hardware company, even if it's the best choice...

life, and your project, get interesting. We are living those choices now with a March 15th turnover date of the system to the process group. That is 14 days away and I haven't put a wafer in the chamber yet under process control.

See y'all about the third week of March. Maybe unemployed. *L*

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    life, and your project, get interesting. We are living those choices now with a March 15th turnover date of the system to the process group. That is 14 days away and I haven't put a wafer in the chamber yet under process control.

See y'all about the third week of March. Maybe unemployed. *L*

tim in san jose
    tim,

For your sake I hope you're kidding about the unemployment.

For our sake - well it would give you more free time for the "One Camera" project!

Just kidding.

Things are a bit "hairy" in my shop right now too. Talk is of merger or perhaps reducing scope, of US biz etc. Or maybe even exiting US market altogether.

Our bank is state-owned and not supposed to lose Euros - and now we've taken a big "hit" in the US subprime mortgage area.

Oh well.....life goes on.

Regards,
    George

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Well, the camera had arrived. And so have I. And today it wasn't raining for a change, so I ran outside and snapped my picture!

Camera (will be) on the way to Birger A, tomorrow with any luck.
    Norway

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Well, the camera had arrived. And so have I. And today it wasn't raining for a change, so I ran outside and snapped my picture!
    Yeah, I hope you had not to pay any duty for it.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin