Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,496   Online: 963

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And the camera is on its way...so, here without any further ado is my pagan chicken recipe:

toasted lime chips and beer

1 large bag of lime flavored tortilla chips ("Tostitos" are good)
    6 bottles of Red Stripe beer

Open first bottle of beer, drink half. Open bag of chips. Finish first beer, open second. Eat some chips. Repeat as desired. Goes wonderfully with old black and white movies.

Oh, and did I mention that I don't like chicken

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post

toasted lime chips and beer

1 large bag of lime flavored tortilla chips ("Tostitos" are good)
    6 bottles of Red Stripe beer

Open first bottle of beer, drink half. Open bag of chips. Finish first beer, open second. Eat some chips. Repeat as desired. Goes wonderfully with old black and white movies.

This has to be one of the best recipes ever! I love it

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Life isn't like a box of chocolates, it's like a bowl of chilis....what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ****UPDATE****UPDATE****UPDATE****

Camera has arrived in NYC.

Of course these are the shortest days of the year; cloud cover is a given and tonight we are getting a "wintry mix" of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow!

While the film may be FP-4; I suspect my pic will just be a monotone grey! Highlights? Contrast? Tonality? In this kind of weather - fugghedaboutit!

Will endeavor to shoot in next couple of days and forward to Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    ****UPDATE****UPDATE****UPDATE****

Camera has arrived in NYC.

Of course these are the shortest days of the year; cloud cover is a given and tonight we are getting a "wintry mix" of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow!

While the film may be FP-4; I suspect my pic will just be a monotone grey! Highlights? Contrast? Tonality? In this kind of weather - fugghedaboutit!

Maybe you need a pagan fish recipe?

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Maybe you need a pagan fish recipe?

Matt
    Maybe he needs one of those famous Bars or Pubs he has been talking about.

Don't fret George. It's down to almost 30F out here too. But certainly no snow, nor ice. I feel for ya. Think how nice a photo you can take with the icicles reflecting sunlight on a cold Friday Morn.

tim (ex-east coaster) in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George,

Check your PM as to where to send the camera to me. Thanks.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    George,

Check your PM as to where to send the camera to me. Thanks.

Regards, Art.
    Art,

PM reply sent.

George

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Picture has been shot. I had to brave the holiday hordes on Fifth Avenue to take a "schmaltzy" tourist shot - but hope it comes out.

Art (grt2bart) has a tight travel schedule coming up so I'm forwarding camera to him via USPS Priority from Copake. It should get to him before he departs for his holiday travels. If not, he'll have it in early January.

Below is a m/l pagan (or devilish) chicken recipe I obtained from Mr. Google. It may be interesting to try - but I haven't done so yet - so you're on your own if you follow it!

Pollo alla Diavola (the Devil's Chicken)

2 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) chickens, cleaned and trimmed
    1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon plus 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
    Salt, to taste
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 bunches Italian parsley, leaves only
    1 red onion, thinly sliced
    12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
    1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
    Chili oil, recipe below

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Truss the chickens and brush each one with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place in 1 or 2 roasting pans and roast until browned but only half-cooked, about 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the 4 tablespoons black pepper, a pinch of salt and the mustard and stir well to combine. Drizzle in the 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well.

Once the chickens are half-cooked, remove from the oven and brush each with the black pepper and mustard mixture.

Return to the oven and continue roasting until the juices run clear from a pricked spot, about another 30 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before carving.

While the chicken rests, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the parsley, red onion, tomatoes, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, sherry vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss well to combine.*

Allow 1 breast and 1 leg per portion. Drizzle each portion with the pan juices and hot chili oil, top with the parsley salad and serve immediately.

HOT CHILI OIL:
    OLIO PICCANTE

2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
    10 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
    4 tablespoons red chili flakes

In a small saucepan, combine the oil, pepper and chili flakes. Heat to 140 degrees F and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit overnight or for 8 hours. Strain out solids. Yield: 2 cups

*I would also add Sumac to the salad (it's a piquant spice used in Middle East recipes). [No, it's not poison sumac - although related! ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Picture has been shot. I had to brave the holiday hordes on Fifth Avenue to take a "schmaltzy" tourist shot - but hope it comes out.

*I would also add Sumac to the salad (it's a piquant spice used in Middle East recipes). [No, it's not poison sumac - although related! ]
    Why thank you George. I am sure Art will get the camera before he leaves. Your recipe looks wonderful. I have a long week of vacation to try some of these.

tim ( one more week before winter vacation) in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin