Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,625   Online: 761

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Or better yet, i can send a camera out and we can have a msytical round ! i can load it will a roll of Kodak HIE and develope it when it comes back. Let me know if it sounds ok ?

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either way Jim.

Send me your snail mail address, I'll add you at the end (but before me).

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Shot taken and the camera will be on it's way to Steve in the Isle of Wight tomorrow
    It must have travelled to me in a westerly direction right around the world as it turned up this morning - eleven days later!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    It must have travelled to me in a westerly direction right around the world as it turned up this morning - eleven days later!

Steve.
    Welcome to the benefits of the Irish postal system...
    Glad it arrived safe and sound

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to the benefits of the Irish postal system...
    Glad it arrived safe and sound

Síle
    Sile,

Too bad, so sad. I was wondering who'd "flinch first".

'Tis it really a problem of dear Ireland's post? Or could it be, perhaps, that the English folk on the other side of the Irish Sea cannot read postage denominated in Euros and held the dear package hostage for a while?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Sile,

Too bad, so sad. I was wondering who'd "flinch first".

'Tis it really a problem of dear Ireland's post? Or could it be, perhaps, that the English folk on the other side of the Irish Sea cannot read postage denominated in Euros and held the dear package hostage for a while?
    Not only possible George.... but quite probable ...
    Seriously though... our postal system sucks big time... I mailed a package before Christmas only for it to arrive 4 weeks after it was posted..

I believe they still use carrier pigeon.. :o

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Obviously the pigeons OD'd on the mince pies....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe they still use carrier pigeon.. :o
    Síle
    ...or maybe pagan pigeon?

-B

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...any chance of a pigeon recipe?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    ...any chance of a pigeon recipe?
    Ask and ye shall receive...

Pagan Pigeon Pie

4-5 pigeons
    salt and pepper
    8oz stewing beef
    8oz shortcrust pastry
    egg to glaze
    2 tsp cornflour
    10fl oz stock

Heat the oven to 180C.. Joint the birds into two breast joints and two leg joints each and stew the rest of the carcass in a little water to make stock for the gravy.
    Cut the beef into small pieces and line a deep 8in pie dish with these.
    Lay the pigeon joints on top, cover with water, add salt and pepper, then cover the pie dish with greased paper or aluminium foil.
    Place in the oven and simmer for 1½ hours. Remove from the oven and raise oven temperature to 200C.
    Cover the pie with the shortcrust pastry, brush the top with beaten egg, put back into the oven and bake until the pastry is golden brown.
    Make a gravy by mixing 2tsp cornflour with a little cold water and add to 10fl oz of the warmed stock. Allow to thicken while stirring, season and serve with the pie.

Síle
    Last edited by Síle; 01-19-2008 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oops spelling
    Síle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin