Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,925   Online: 1017

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim,
    You're going to need a vacation for your vacation if you're not careful!
    As your faithful sidekick.. I'll make sure everything is ship shape while you're away.. Now you go off on vacation without giving us a second thought!
    It looks like this one will make it too...
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    So nice.

I have to tell y'all, I am rolling off a bear of a month or so. Here is what needs to be done...

geauxpez takes the shot, forwards it on to foxiescootie...

I need to review all pm messages sent, make sure hkr can receive the camera (he has changed his name), then the camera will be back here by the middle of august. Don't hurry, I won't be around the last couple weeks of July.

tim

The timing works out perfect for me as well. I am currently on a cross-country road & shooting trip (L.A. to NYC) and am flying back to California on August 1st. I can receive the camera anytime after that. I then have about a two month window until I move back east permanently, so please reach me on the forum here or by email to confirm the address to send it to me before it is mailed out. My email is my full name as it is listed here at yahoo dot com.

Thanks to all, and especially Tim. Looks like we are going to make it!!

Regards,

Shawn Rahman (formerly hkr)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Shawn,

The address on the original sheet is correct for August and September? If so, I have nothing to do. If not, send the updated California address and I will forward it to foxiescootie. FS needs to be aware that they don't send the camera till August 1 to you.

No problem.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What an intriguing concept.

Where will the photographs be posted or shown? I would enjoy seeing the collective result.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    What an intriguing concept.

Where will the photographs be posted or shown? I would enjoy seeing the collective result.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins
    Welcome Ralph. PM a message if interested, I have a spot or two on the Round 6 going out soon (I promise). Read the threads on Round 6 and see if that concept is what you are looking for.

Please notice that almost all participants are subscribers as members have limited access to the Gallery. Being a subscriber ain't a bad thing, and you have stumbled onto some of the most interesting members of the forum.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey guys -- The camera shipped out yesterday morning for Huntsville, AL. I will try to post my pagan chicken recipe this evening.

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What better pagan chicken recipe than a gumbo. Given my Louisiana roots, it is a must. Voodoo optional:

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

1 whole cut up chicken
    1 cup oil
    1½ cup flour
    2 cups diced onion
    1 cup diced celery
    1 cup diced green bell pepper
    1 lb. good smoked sausage or andouille
    ¼ cup freshly minced garlic
    3 quarts chicken stock
    3 bay leaves
    Cajun seasoning to taste (Cajun Land, Tony’s, etc.)
    Hot sauce to taste
    1 cup diced green onion
    Cooked white rice
    filé powder (sassafras powder) to taste

Boil and debone chicken, then cut into ½ inch pieces (reserving bones and liquid to make stock). In a heavy iron pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the flour, stirring constantly until a medium brown color is achieved (this is your roux). If you burn the roux, start over. It is not salvageable. Stir in the onion, celery and bell pepper and sauté until wilted, then add the sausage and garlic and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Add stock, chicken, and bay leaves, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour. Skim off any fat and season to taste with Cajun seasoning and/or hot sauce. Keep cooking until chicken begins to fall apart. Turn off heat and stir in green onion immediately before serving. Serve over cooked white rice and use filé to taste.

Enjoy!

Adam

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Guys,
    I received the camera today from Adam. I saw the note about postponing shipment to Shawn until Aug 1 so I'll ship it out that day. Tim, let me know if I need to ship to an alternate address for Shawn.

~Val
    ~Val

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foxyscootie View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I received the camera today from Adam. I saw the note about postponing shipment to Shawn until Aug 1 so I'll ship it out that day. Tim, let me know if I need to ship to an alternate address for Shawn.

~Val
    Val,

I have heard nothing so I assume the address on the sheet is OK. Keep it till Aug. 1st and then send it on.

I have just come home from my last day of work for two plus weeks.

I will check in on things every couple of days, but computers and I will be taking a break from each other for a couple of weeks.

Y'all are great.

tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey All,

Sorry - still driving across country, so my login has been intermittent. Nothing much to see in the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma, and Missouri if anyone's interested! The Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo was pretty cool though!

I will send on my new address by PM to Tim & Val. Val: If you mail out on the first, it will be perfect timing for me.

Thanks again & regards.

Shawn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin