Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,395   Online: 771

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    End of year message...

I wanted this to be done by the end of year. It's dragged on too long. The Canadian Post has seen to it that today, the last day of the year, the camera is still not home.

People sitting on the camera for weeks at a time, knowing that group as a whole wants movement, because movement brings dynamic energy. The guy running it can only bring so much to the table. It is also why Camera 6 is still sitting here, new batteries, film loaded, forms all made out. It is just not fun anymore.

I think I will email Sile a copy of the Camera 6 instructions and addresses. If she is willing, she can handle the badgering, cajoling, and nagging to keep the camera moving. Perhaps she will want to rethink the whole project.

I understand the warning from Art much more clearly now. Thanks everyone who played nice. It was fun for awhile.

As soon as the camera gets back here, I will process the film, have a friend with a nice 135 scanner scan them in, publish the prints and send your negative to you. If you have changed addresses since you had the camera, please let me know.

Happy New Year to the group. I wish you all great light.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hey Tim -
    All these kinds of group projects always start with the greatest enthusiasm and slowly wind down to the final slog. Still, when it is finally over and you've had a bit of time to distance the hassles from the outcome, you can look back with a smile and say "That was fun." Maybe not enough to do it again, but fun anyway.
    Thank you for putting up with all our group fickleness and for being the anchor! Happy New Year!
    (and I will pm you my new address)
    Kris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My experience with Canada Post and USPS is that they are both pretty efficient at getting the mail delivered. It's the border inspection agencies on both sides that slow things down. Always looking for terrist material etc., so film cameras are likely high on their list of things to look for :rolleyes:
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim, I think you did a great job and as good a job as can be expected. It's just one of those things where you're depending on others to help make things work.

Should we add to the rules a time limit on having a traveling camera? I know it won't solve the problem completely and there's not much we can do about customs delays but it might help a little bit.

Hope you're doing well and Happy New Year!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree....thanks Tim for doing a great job! I guess there is still hope....

Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Should we add to the rules a time limit on having a traveling camera?
    As you say it will not solve all the problems, but it definitively won't hurt anyone!

-B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim,

You've been great to hang on this long.. it's been a tough job for a year nudging us all along. Hopefully the new year will spurt some long forgotten resolution to join the exchange and the camera will come home smoothly in the next few weeks.

As for camera 6 - Please feel free to send it to me and I'll begin the exchange.. but you should take the first shot ? If you email me the list, I'll take it from there. I can't promise to have your patience, but I know I can nag

Marc, I think it might be a good idea to add a time limit into it, whereas we all know that things happen and circumstances change to our lives daily, maybe if we knew we had to get it moving by a certain time.. it'd make the difference. I'm sure no one signed up for the next round would have a problem with this either?

Anyway, that was a long way of saying yes of course I will take the reigns for round 6, but not until I say thank you for everything you have done for this exchange already.
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So....any sign of camera 5?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    So....any sign of camera 5?
    theBanana man and all,

I believe it is under control. I will keep ya'll informed. The long and circuitous journey is grinding to an end.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    theBanana man and all,

I believe it is under control. I will keep ya'll informed. The long and circuitous journey is grinding to an end.

tim in san jose
    great to hear it is just about over

great job tim!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    So the fat lady is clearing her throat then?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin