Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,175   Online: 1037

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Sabs albums are standing by......now all I need is a bat....anyway if chicken doesn't float your boat then try a new silver emulsion or developer formula.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    I feel partly responsible (a kinda big part) for the whole chicken thing.. it started as a joke to move the camera along in Round 4 and has continued on to the beginning of Round 5.

But I'll be honest, this whole thread and what it's developed into is one of the things that I love about this place.. the diversity of topics and people, their lives and their cultures, however different.. and in the end this is all meant to be just a bit of fun, no harm is meant to anyone (chickens aside that is).

I'm sorry if it's upset you George, it wasn't intended to irritate.

Síle
    Sile,

Thank you for understanding.

I appreciated your joke at the time - found it quite amusing.

But any joke repeated and repeated and repeated gets initially stale and ultimately maddening.

BTW: I posted the link to the Pagan Chicken website on this thread a few days ago (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search) - see post 44 here.

And then, what "pops up"? Yes, on the other thread the very first recipe of the very first link gets posted! Proving someone has good "clip and paste' skills".

That's when the joke starts to get really boring - what are we going to do, run through the list on the web link?

I very much look forward to receiving the camera and shooting a pic - but it won't be of a chicken, and I won't be posting my favorite pagan chicken recipe - I don't share that with anyone on the web!
    Last edited by copake_ham; 11-03-2007 at 07:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it was supposed to be a chicken? Oops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    it was supposed to be a chicken? Oops.
    Remind me not to go to Semeuse's house for dinner any time soon... :o

George.. I'm glad you're still taking part in the camera exchange, unfortunately for us the world will just have to learn to live without your chicken!

Tim.. any chance you made a video of your pagan chicken dance? Btw.. it sounds delicious (the chicken that is.. not that dance!)

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can someone please clarify for the rest of us the meaning and purpose of the whole chicken thing? Joke? Symbolism? Lighthearted attempt at something? I've tried to go over past posts to understand this, but to no avail. Was it supposed to be some kind of motivation to move the camera exchange along?

I'm not criticizing - just trying to understand. Thanks!
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 11-04-2007 at 11:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm new here and I get it. There's nothing to get and its purpose has been overanalyzed. It's just for fun. Post a pagan, christian, muslim, jewish, buddhist, chicken, beef, vegetarian, fish, pork, rattlesnake or pyro recipe or don't post a recipe at all. It all tastes like chicken.
    Rebecca

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Rebeccammm - I also got a wonderful explanation PM'd to me from Sile. It just seemed so bizarre to me that I guess I missed the simplicity of it all. I'll play - as soon as I send the camera off, I'll email the most inexplicably awful recipe I can find

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everything tastes better with selenium toner.....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccammm View Post
    I'm new here and I get it. There's nothing to get and its purpose has been overanalyzed. It's just for fun.
    This is why we need more women here on APUG. Too many testosterone filled divas and drama queens.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have a bit of space at the end of the list. There have been two very worthy canidates asking to join. I will add them to the end of the list and send them the camera when (if?) it gets back to me. Others may join too in the future, but we will certainly cut it off at 25.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin