Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,869   Posts: 1,583,298   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Wanna shoot my homemade panoramic camera?

OK...who wants to shoot my homemade panoramic camera?

I'm going to make a simple 35mm panoramic camera and would like to send it around like the other projects in this thread.

This will be a 35mm camera with a very simple homemade shutter. The format will be either 24x72mm or 24x90mm ( still tinkering )...so it'll take approximately 11-17 images per roll

anybody interested?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm in!!!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like very much to try it and would be happy to see it and its' results. What size lens do you imagine it would handle?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to use the lens from disposable cameras, but I'll be looking through my lens box to see if there's anything that might be more fun to use

I stop them down to about f/22

.....they can cover 6x6cm nicely and just barely cover 6x9cm, although you only see brighter objects at the edges at 6x9

I love the distortion & vignetting

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am sure you will want a photo of New Mexico, so send it over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was in New Mexico last year and, ya know, I just didn't take enough photos there

Images
    Hell, I'm in. Pano and Canyon De Chelly were made for each other.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Might as well include a photo or two from the left coast redwoods! It would just have to be able to take long exposures...possibly in a vertical format.

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The kind of shutter I usually make either be used as a normal daylight exposure or as a bulb exposure

I might put a bubble level on it -- but it'll be set for horiz format....maybe I can add one for vertical depending on how many I have lying around

I should probably post some test shots so you'll have an idea of what to expect re: distortion, vignetting, blurry edges, etc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be glad to use my 45, my 9mm or my 22. Do you want to stand beside the camera or behind it when I shoot?

Seriously, if you come to Rochester, I would enjoy shooting with you, not at you.

PE

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin