Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,637   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guissimo View Post
    Or how about having restrictions like no straight lines within the frame?
    That would throw a curve at the process.

We'll keep that in mind.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    How about 2 shots per person or even a 24 shot camera, so that it doesn't take years to circumvent the globe?
    We were going to try that on Camera 5. Too dang many people showed up. *L*

You suppose maybe a 6A and 6B doing parallel journeys around the globe?

Only Sile would be eligible for participation on both lists. (We need to prove the assertion that multiple cameras congregate at that particular spot on earth)

Remember this is just a discussion...

tim in san jose

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a spare roll of HIE if need be.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    We were going to try that on Camera 5. Too dang many people showed up. *L*

You suppose maybe a 6A and 6B doing parallel journeys around the globe?

Only Sile would be eligible for participation on both lists. (We need to prove the assertion that multiple cameras congregate at that particular spot on earth)

Remember this is just a discussion...

tim in san jose
    Having two cameras going might take care of the 'too many dang people showing up' problem.

Is this "Let's All Shoot 1 Camera" function something that could give APUG publicity by having an article written about it in either newspapers and/or photo magazines? I'm not a writer or anything, it's just a thought.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The local Walmart is clearing out their AF point and shoot 35mm Vivitar and Konica/Minolta and Fuji and Olympus 35mm cameras for $30.00 or $40.00 each. Each of them has a built in flash, and would probably take great photos for most people.

The only problem is that if I went to buy one, I'd probably start to cry.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The local Walmart is clearing out their AF point and shoot 35mm Vivitar and Konica/Minolta and Fuji and Olympus 35mm cameras for $30.00 or $40.00 each. Each of them has a built in flash, and would probably take great photos for most people.

The only problem is that if I went to buy one, I'd probably start to cry.

Matt
    We did this with round 5. EBay is a great source of barely used Cannon SureShots. All different zooms, flash (or not), auto focus. All around 10 bucks including postage sometimes. We can do this again if the feedback is positive from participants of the round 5 LAS1C crew.

I got the feeling people like the primitiveness of the point and shoot cardboard boxes, but that does eliminate HIE.

tim

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    i think something very inexpensive would be the best move.
    sometimes the cameras are missing in action, and it would be a shame
    to lose a nice camera to such a sad fate.

as for subject matter ...
    how about front stoop ... and anything goes ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having had the convergence of two exchanges in the one week.. I had the privilege of shooting both the "cardboard box" and the Sure shot within a short space of time..

I have to admit with them both staring at me, I automatically went for the Canon and took it a little more seriously and spent a little longer thinking about the photo I was going to take. The throwaway box ended up on a night out in the pub.. (long story involving pagan chickens and Guinness...) so although there were pluses and minuses to both camera's, my personal choice would be the Sureshot..

As for subject matter.. I do agree it would be very interesting to see a similar subject matter and the varied geographical take on it.. a hybrid of the Monthly shooting assignment and the travelling camera might be what we're looking for?

When people throw a few ideas at you Tim, why don't you add a poll to the thread? That way you can gauge the level of interest and preferences.
    My two cents..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Having had the convergence of two exchanges in the one week.. I had the privilege of shooting both the "cardboard box" and the Sure shot within a short space of time..

I have to admit with them both staring at me, I automatically went for the Canon and took it a little more seriously and spent a little longer thinking about the photo I was going to take. The throwaway box ended up on a night out in the pub.. (long story involving pagan chickens and Guinness...) so although there were pluses and minuses to both camera's, my personal choice would be the Sureshot..

As for subject matter.. I do agree it would be very interesting to see a similar subject matter and the varied geographical take on it.. a hybrid of the Monthly shooting assignment and the travelling camera might be what we're looking for?

When people throw a few ideas at you Tim, why don't you add a poll to the thread? That way you can gauge the level of interest and preferences.
    My two cents..

Síle
    I'm in general agreement with Sile that the SureShot route does make for a bit more "seriousness" and, of course, offers greater flexibility.

Truth be told, though, I was a bit intimidated by it - given all the buttons etc. and my unfamiliarity with that particular piece of gear. Perhaps the time pressure to "move it on" contributed to my apprehension?

Anyway, this is a long way of saying that if you go the SureShot route - a manual or at least a "cheat sheet" would be a helpful addition to the shipping package.

Oh, and I really do like the idea of a single theme. I'd suggest a relatively simple one to start (e.g. my home etc.) but later on things like "no straight lines" could be quite interesting.

Anyway, my dos centavos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle advertises a single use B&W camera from Rollei called the "Rollei Retro 400 B&W Assignment Camera". I could not find it on their website, but it is on page 35 of their most recent catalog. Sounds like a cut above standard disposables, and it is 24 exposures. Might be interesting enough for one of the Round 6 cameras; it lists for $9.99.

The ad professes a "high quality lens". Has anyone tried this camera? It may be better than a $10 off ebay Canon cheapie. I'm headed to Freestyle this Saturday and I can check it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin