Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,969   Online: 907

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Having had the convergence of two exchanges in the one week.. I had the privilege of shooting both the "cardboard box" and the Sure shot within a short space of time..

I have to admit with them both staring at me, I automatically went for the Canon and took it a little more seriously and spent a little longer thinking about the photo I was going to take. The throwaway box ended up on a night out in the pub.. (long story involving pagan chickens and Guinness...) so although there were pluses and minuses to both camera's, my personal choice would be the Sureshot..

As for subject matter.. I do agree it would be very interesting to see a similar subject matter and the varied geographical take on it.. a hybrid of the Monthly shooting assignment and the travelling camera might be what we're looking for?

When people throw a few ideas at you Tim, why don't you add a poll to the thread? That way you can gauge the level of interest and preferences.
    My two cents..

Síle

Well, when a throwaway camera gets you an invite for a pint of Guinness and an evening of interesting conversation with an Irish photographer with obvious command of intelligent thought....

cardboard box here we come.

I suspect over the next couple of weeks a poll or two will arise.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What about each participant shooting one roll in one location in one hour, then presenting a contact sheet and at least five selected images?

Then we could use just about any camera, there would be some leeway for "mistakes", and it would be each participant's own choise of film - but also each participant's responsibility to develop and print the film...

We would have to decide in advance whether to use a 135 or 120 camera, since not everyone can print both sizes.

I might offer up a Voigtländer Perkeo for something like this.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    What about each participant shooting one roll in one location in one hour, then presenting a contact sheet and at least five selected images?

Like the idea, but I think this loses the spirit of the project. I know we are calling it "one camera", but all of us having shots on one roll of film is the thing that makes this endeavor special, I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post

Then we could use just about any camera, there would be some leeway for "mistakes", and it would be each participant's own choise of film - but also each participant's responsibility to develop and print the film...

We would have to decide in advance whether to use a 135 or 120 camera, since not everyone can print both sizes.

I might offer up a Voigtländer Perkeo for something like this.
    I think your on to something here. Good idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Well, when a throwaway camera gets you an invite for a pint of Guinness and an evening of interesting conversation with an Irish photographer with obvious command of intelligent thought....

cardboard box here we come.

I suspect over the next couple of weeks a poll or two will arise.

tim in san jose
    Let's wait to see how blurred the focusing was after a drink or two before we make any decisions... If it's fuzzy.. don't blame the cardboard box!!

I did mean to take a photo of the two camera's together, but somehow never got around to it, the convergence theory that "multiple cameras congregate at a particular spot on earth" is an interesting one, and leads me to wonder if I shouldn't make some e bay purchases to test it out...

On a serious note, I really like the idea of a central theme, my stoop, my house etc.. We could also have.. "Monday morning" or "Saturday night fever" or something along those lines. Everyone has a Monday morning and we each interpret it quite differently I'm sure!

Good luck with this one Tim.. I think you might just need it!
    Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not sure we as a group are ready for a roll of film each as a "we all shoot one camera", there does seem to be a discordance where the only similarity is a camera...

but I can see maybe two cameras in parallel, each person shoots two photos, perhaps a concept of "moods light/dark"... one photograph each.

Still a great idea Ole, perhaps as one of our more specialty rounds, we can get say 4 old cameras, I have a 6x6 Nettar that would work well or even a 6x9 Agfa, you have the Voightlander, we could possibly manage a couple more... 2 or 3 shots each person. That would give us 4 photographers per camera, total of 16 members involved in that project. Same format (6x6, 6x9), interesting ideas of how each member deals with the aged equipment and non-coated lens... perhaps each person then gets a second chance with a different camera. I suspect we would all learn something.

Fude for thot.

The discussion is still open.

tim in san jose

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well you can tell by the way I use my walk that I'm a Nikon man.....
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Well you can tell by the way I use my walk that I'm a Nikon man.....
    I am not sure I trust anyone who paraphrases Barry Gibbs.

I use to use a Nikon before I got religion.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    I am not sure I trust anyone who paraphrases Barry Gibbs.

I use to use a Nikon before I got religion.

tim in san jose
    If we're on to songs.. how about ..
    "Leica Virgin.. touched for the very first time..."

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    If we're on to songs.. how about ..
    "Leica Virgin.. touched for the very first time..."

Síle
    What a crowd we are running with... from the Bee Gees to Madona.

Who's next? Early Jackson 5? "I can never shoot the scene, girl"

tim in san jose

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin