Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,650   Online: 977

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Discussion on Round 6

Hi Y'all,

I feel Camera 4 coming home. Art is going to be getting this camera in a couple of weeks, or maybe a month seeing as Ole is once again wandering like a lost divining rod in the oil fields of Norway...

We have had a number of interesting ideas for "Let's all Shoot 1 Camera". Infrared film, old camera shooting 6x9, homemade cameras, even one restricted to RB67 users. We have also had a strong request for a return to the disposable color film camera from George.

So here is the discussion, open to all interested, all that have been involved before, all period:

I am in favor of going back for round 6 to the disposable camera. We probably don't need a Pagan Chicken, squab, nor Christmas tree recipe angle for this camera but how about a single point of subject for camera round 6?

I foresee (I be the foreseer) 2 to 2.5 cameras a year for general circulation. I think we might do a couple specials every year such as the rb67 back project, the HIE project, perhaps a Zeiss Ikon Nettar project...

And of course, all members involved are open for their own project launching. I will help with any organization for these projects. I will take responsibility for the general cameras tracking and developing.

So... Ideas? Concepts for Round 6 visual subject? Good idea?

I am listening.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about a Polaroid? Though that would commit every 10th person or so to buy a pack of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the ideas of an RB67 back project and the HIE project, too. A project that includes a camera like the Nettar is smart because it folds up so nicely for shipping.

A Polaroid project, as suggested by bdial, sounds good, too. We could include an extra film pack or two with the camera so that 20 or 30 people could participate. Actually, this camera could travel until there's no film available while every tenth person could mail in a completed pack of ten prints and this way we could see results while the Polaroid travels the world. Kinda like Voyager I and II traveling around the solar system and sending in pics as it goes along. People can sign up as the project continues on and on. We could use a cheapie Polaroid or a nicer one for durability as the miles could really pile up.

Other than that, I'm willing to shoot with whatever camera shows up at my doorstep. :-)

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post

Other than that, I'm willing to shoot with whatever camera shows up at my doorstep. :-)

Marc
    But what do you think of differing interpretations of a common theme?

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    How about a Polaroid? Though that would commit every 10th person or so to buy a pack of film.
    Didn't Polaroid just announce the cessation of production of all film?

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    But what do you think of differing interpretations of a common theme?

tim in san jose
    Oops, forgot to comment on that, but I like your idea a lot!

Perhaps all who have submitted pagan chicken recipes could photograph themselves with their dish. Just kidding. Lets really not do that.

The possibilities are endless on this one. I'll bet you already have ideas in mind.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 02-21-2008 at 02:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speling misteak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Didn't Polaroid just announce the cessation of production of all film?

tim in san jose
    Yeah, but there should be a supply of film for a little while yet. Right?

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should be an incentive to keep the camera moving, or back home when the film runs out.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about 2 shots per person or even a 24 shot camera, so that it doesn't take years to circumvent the globe?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Discussion on Round 6

I am in favor of going back for round 6 to the disposable camera.
    We probably don't need a Pagan Chicken, squab, nor Christmas tree recipe angle for this camera
    but how about a single point of subject for camera round 6?

tim in san jose
    I also like the idea of using again a disposable camera.
    I think having certain requirements for the shot would make the next round a lot more fun.
    How about this time we required the shot to be taken at specific camera angles? Like low angle, high angle or tilted...
    Or how about having restrictions like no straight lines within the frame?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin