Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,490   Online: 1012

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Camera 6 Concepts - Discussion

OK, great ideas, but not enough of them. I have decided that we will launch a couple fo trial cameras in the near future, April, May time span, but... Camera 6 will be a traditional 36 exposure color camera (please voice requests for film type) but with a common theme. Your interpretation of one common artistic thought.

Today is the 24th. By Friday, a theme will emerge, either by discussion or fiat.

Sign ups start right now under the thread "Camera 6 sign up". I have one person signed up and one who didn't make it in to Round 5 whom I will contact to see if they are till interested. I would like a three or four continent trip this time.

Voice you opinion on subject, sign up now. There will be 33 people in this round.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in-happy with pretty much any subject...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I'm in-happy with pretty much any subject...
    I'm in too.. and happy with any subject, but will put my thinking cap on for some inspiration

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    tim,

Yes, please include me in #6.

My suggestion regards film. If we're going to go color than I recommend Kodak's Portra 400VC.

I figure that ISO 400 will "cover" the seasons since - if the camera goes to a hemisphere that's in wintertime - light will be low and the 400 will be a welcome advantage.

Nonetheless, I've shot Portra 400 and the "grain penalty" vs. the 160 is not a big deal.

I'd like to see a subject/theme - but one that is fairly unequivocal (i.e. not some kind of art school esoteric assignment open to infinite interpretation). But I'm open to whatever folk decide.

BTW: if you decide to go B&W, I'd still suggest an ISO400 film speed - but don't have any favorites.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin