Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,747   Posts: 1,483,769   Online: 781

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202464 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sile,

What is the latest version of the list? Who is up after Walter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Sile,

What is the latest version of the list? Who is up after Walter?
    Shawn the next person on the list is Copake_Ham.. he's not been a member of Apug for a couple of years but was still interested last time I heard from him and as he had been in on this from the outset it's only fair to still include him.

I have emailed him to ask him if he is still interested in taking part and PM'd Walter to hold off mailing the camera until we hear back. Hopefully we'll know in a day or two where it's off to next.

If I hear nothing from Copake_Ham the camera will go straight to you!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a gigantic version of something I've been a recent participant in, and that's the "Travelling Bessa III Project" in Australia. To promote (and no doubt encourage sales) a new Bessa III 667 folder is in circulation from the Distributors (Mainline Photographic) to about 20 interested photogs in Oz. Each of us gets it to use for two weeks, along with two rolls of Kodak Professional colour film courtesy of a participating sponsor, Horsham Colour Labs. The lab also processed scanned and printed the images from the two films. Neat, eh?
    One difference is that at the end of its travels it gets a CLA and is then raffled with one of the (lucky) participants getting the Bessa as a prize! There are now about 20 photographers holding off buying a Bessa III until the day of the raffle!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Tim, put the Holga away and get us a Bessa III for the next round, will ya? And put me first on the list!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And me second! ;-)

Leigh -- that sounds like a great opportunity! Wish we had something like that here.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    And me second!
    I don't think the plan was for it to get that far!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I don't think the plan was for it to get that far!

Steve.
    Well, umm... <cough> :rolleyes:
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok.. I haven't heard back from Copake_Ham since emailing him, so I'm guessing he's out of the loop.. If he does get back to me at some point in the future, we can always add him in then.

So it looks as if the camera is ready to make it's way on..

Walter has suggested sending it to Washington State first rather than the East Coast.. which probably makes a lot more sense.. But this will mean everyone working from the end of the list backwards.. I'm loathe to confuse the c**p out of everyone at this stage.. so please throw your 2 cents worth in and let me know what you think.. But it would be nice to see it the ole cameras have a run of good luck for a change! If we do choose to go that way it'll be lmn first and then Flatulent1 and so on backwards until we reach Jnanian.. and then back to Europe..

My next suggestion is that we all get cooking and do some serious damage to some chickens.. it's time for pagan rituals again! :o
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm kind of in the middle of the list as it stands now so either way, West or East Coast, makes no difference to me.
    Hmmm, chicken sounds good right about now.

-Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do whatever you want. If I get a camera, I will take a picture with it and send it to whoever I read on the list. If we do revise the route, we should have someone print a revised list lest we confuse ourselves with crisscrossed red arrows. Best draw them in chicken blood.

I naturally prefer it came to me sooner if that's any help.
    --Nicholas Andre

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin