Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,232   Online: 1012

Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 313536373839404142434445464751 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post

Don't feel cheated Tim.. you will see them! Now about that beef.. will it fit in an envelope do ya think??
    Knowing the Irish post, do you REALLY want me to send you some?

Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Uh-oh. Kids at the top of the class get beat up or ignored for the really good parties (where I came from). This makes me nervous, Sheila.

I am wondering if my 'Cornerstone' pic will be focused correctly. The manual said something about 'smart autofocus' being activated if the subject isn't centered whereby the camera will figure out what to do. I also had something substantial in the foreground but off to the side. I composed the scene several times and it seemed the camera focused on what I wanted. We'll see, I guess.

Tim,after working through lunch today, that smoked roast beef (I've never had it smoked), hash & eggs sounds pretty darn good right about now.

Marc
    Yeah, I got beat up a lot as a kid. Turned me into a medium lenght sprinter. I could do the 880 yard a lot faster than most. Had to.

Hash is just something I turn leftovers into. Since the original dish was pretty good, the hash turns out OK also.

rule #1.) life as a bachelor doesn't have to be spartan. simple can be great.
    rule #2.) Women love a man who cooks. They really love a man who cooks well.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marc for being so good I'll allow you sit in the back and chew gum.. would that raise your street cred any?

Tim.. on second thoughts.. hold that beef
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would help some. Word's out already, though, so.....I'm dead. Next recess will be my last.

Sheila, the Smilie you chose for "..hold that beef." was perfect.

-Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Marc for being so good I'll allow you sit in the back and chew gum.. would that raise your street cred any?

Tim.. on second thoughts.. hold that beef

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Yeah, I got beat up a lot as a kid. Turned me into a medium lenght sprinter. I could do the 880 yard a lot faster than most. Had to.

Hash is just something I turn leftovers into. Since the original dish was pretty good, the hash turns out OK also.

rule #1.) life as a bachelor doesn't have to be spartan. simple can be great.
    rule #2.) Women love a man who cooks. They really love a man who cooks well.

tim in san jose
    Kids can definitely be cruel. Let me guess. You were tops in your class and you wouldn't help out the bully(ies) who never did their homework?

I most assuredly was, academically, never at the top of my class. Middle of the road for me. I never got whupped and I never whupped anyone.

Rule #1 sounds right. On Friday it'll be 27 years since I've been single so I have forgotten much of the bachelor life statutes & regulations.

Rule #2 is spot on...whether you're single or married.

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    I am wondering if my 'Cornerstone' pic will be focused correctly. The manual said something about 'smart autofocus' being activated if the subject isn't centered whereby the camera will figure out what to do. I also had something substantial in the foreground but off to the side. I composed the scene several times and it seemed the camera focused on what I wanted. We'll see, I guess.
    We'll see how they turned out at the end of the show. Due to working out of town, my original plan for the theme was "geographically undesirable" (about 5 hours away). Rather than be stubborn and stick to plan, I decided to find something else closer to where I was at the time. I was thinking about new subjects as I realized I was driving right by a subject fitting of the word, at least in my interpretation. I pulled over, got my shot for the camera #7, found an oxymoron for the b/w, and had it in the hands of a postal employee within 30 minutes. I was pleased it worked out as smooth as it did.
    I'm curious to see how many people know what my themed subject is when they see it.

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok I think I got the camera today. A canon with Ektar and a Kodak B&W disposable? I only ask because there were some cyanotypes in the box that David included that said "APUG Camera 7".

I'll try to get this guy out of the door in the next week or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Ok I think I got the camera today. A canon with Ektar and a Kodak B&W disposable? I only ask because there were some cyanotypes in the box that David included that said "APUG Camera 7".

I'll try to get this guy out of the door in the next week or so.

No hurry Tim, nobody else has.

That is the setup for camera 6. Is there still a Canon instruction booklet in with the camera? I think maybe that is why it takes so long. Everyone is reading the booklet from cover to cover to make sure they get the optimal picture quality out of that camera. Or not.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    haha. Yes there was a book with the camera.

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    Read it? I memorized it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmn View Post
    Read it? I memorized it.
    You crack me up. Y'all realize that was camera 5 also?

tim in san jose

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin