Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,661   Online: 888

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131757 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Houston,

We have contact. Martin will get the camera off pronto. Or as soon to pronto as is feasible.

Now that I am back home (after 7 weeks), I will put together the promised toy camera show and get it outa here. EOtW I thinks.

tim
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That means it is soon to be in my hands. Good news indeed.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim thank you, and thank you also to Flatulent_1 for contacting MartinB and helping solve the mystery.
    MartinB has acknowledged the safe arrival of the camera, and has confirmed that it will soon be on it's way to Mr Banana..

I'm not sure if we can change how we do this, but I am wondering if there's a way we can help combat mass panic happening again..
    Has anyone got any bright ideas?
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not sure if we can change how we do this, but I am wondering if there's a way we can help combat mass panic happening again..
    Every time I think of Mass, I panic....but that's another story
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mass panic is part of the charm of this little exercise.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Here's an idea: After taking your photo(s), put the package on eBay with a 'Buy It Now' price of, say, $5 with free shipping. The next person on the list is required to buy it within 24 hours. If the item isn't purchased within 24 hours, the next person on the list must buy it within 15 minutes of the 24 hour mark and so on until someone on the list buys it. The camera gets shipped and everyone on the list is given the tracking number. Once the cameras are received, give the 'seller' glowing feedback, rinse and repeat.

If an outsider buys it, perhaps that person can join the party and we then vote someone off the list.

If an outsider buys it and does not become part of our project..... uh-oh.

Or, we can continue as we have with prayer, hope, patience, a pagan chicken recipe or two and a dose of mass panic once in a while. Seems to be working so far.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    The only way to stop this mass panic is to not organise round the world camera trips.... and that would never do!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok Ok .. I see I'm in danger of taking all the fun out of this for everyone with my ridiculous over-thought out 'sensible' plans...

I've taken everything you all said on board and decided the only way to continue this exchange is to burn the address list that goes with the cameras and let each participant guess the address of the person after them.. That should ensure Mass Panic continues for the foreseeable future.

We just may need to gather a few more chickens before we start..
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No sign of camera 6 yet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shall we commence Panic Mode again?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin