Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,620   Online: 848

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    ... I am, fortunately, or not, in Germany till Friday.
    Gosh! I came too late to this thread. You were in Germany and I did not know. Where have you been?

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,

Yes, I planned on C7 going out this week but for job considerations (like I get to keep mine I hope), I was in Aachen till today (Thursday). Ruediger, if you are near Aachen, I seem to be headed back in the middle of August for a week or two. Let me know, I'll figure out how to meet.

tim in san jose (sorta)
    Where ever you are, there you be.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    All,

Yes, I planned on C7 going out this week but for job considerations (like I get to keep mine I hope), I was in Aachen till today (Thursday). Ruediger, if you are near Aachen, I seem to be headed back in the middle of August for a week or two. Let me know, I'll figure out how to meet.

tim in san jose (sorta)
    I am not near Aachen, but who cares, I still have some vacation left and never have been to Aachen before. My wife has relatives in Colone, so this might be the opportunity. Let me know once you have the fixed dates and we work something out. Some friends are visiting us in August, but every date after the 23 of August should work.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just want to throw an idea out for camera 7 or 8. lately, I have heard a lot of people in my school talk of synechdoche, which is a very interesting literary concept to me, so I'm thinking, what about synechdoche as a photographic concept?

*EDIT* I believe my quote plainly shows my opinion of Holgas...
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidearm613 View Post
    I just want to throw an idea out for camera 7 or 8. lately, I have heard a lot of people in my school talk of synechdoche, which is a very interesting literary concept to me, so I'm thinking, what about synechdoche as a photographic concept?
    meaning "simultaneous understanding" ???

Perhaps a holistic view among the members of the clan?

We send a camera around without film as the results get better as the resources diminish towards zero?

Or take it one step further... all members shoot the filmless camera, throw a new roll of film into the box with express thoughts of what they would shoot if there were film, I get the box back with all the un-shot film, I shoot the film (but only 11 out of 12 exposures per roll, develop the film and see if that 12th image is what the sender implied and does it relate to what what I shot? A true test of the transmogrification of virtual latent image to the physical world.

Is that kind of what you had in mind?

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do apologize to all members of the group. I have been out of town and mostly out of the country for the last 7 weeks. I will get the list together and get this done.

tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    meaning "simultaneous understanding" ???

Perhaps a holistic view among the members of the clan?

We send a camera around without film as the results get better as the resources diminish towards zero?

Or take it one step further... all members shoot the filmless camera, throw a new roll of film into the box with express thoughts of what they would shoot if there were film, I get the box back with all the un-shot film, I shoot the film (but only 11 out of 12 exposures per roll, develop the film and see if that 12th image is what the sender implied and does it relate to what what I shot? A true test of the transmogrification of virtual latent image to the physical world.

Is that kind of what you had in mind?

tim in san jose
    AHHHHHH! I made a goof! Never trust your spel cheker.

What I meant was synecdoche. I'm big on the part for whole idea. Not necessarily photographing the stereotypical "all hands on deck" but what if, rather than shooting something/someone, focus closely on one feature or part that is very expressive. I tried this once with Disney Hall, and rather than just shooting the building as a whole, I got really close to a specific curve of the building. The results can be great, because every image becomes a study in line/form. How does the clarified idea float, Tim?
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

lmn

Shooter
    35mm

Oh man, I'm in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmn View Post

Oh man, I'm in!
    That's a good idea Lisa... but I have an even better one...

How about we put two cameras in a box.. send them off to the UK.. lose them.. find them again.. Then send them off around Europe.
    Finally sending them on to Canada.. only to lose them in transit somewhere over the Rockies ..

Oh no hang on.. that's already been done! :rolleyes::o
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    Lol, Sile. I can't take credit for that one, it was Tim's. I do love it though.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin