Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,008   Online: 721

Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172161 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sheila, please. Not before my first cup of coffee...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    Brian, what's the proper pronunciation?

No self portraits...please!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post

Leg, Le'gay, Leggy, I've heard darn near everything that can be done with my name. I totally consent to any use of humor people can get out of it.

[ps. my wife's maiden name was 'Gray'. The modern/hyphenated name, Gray-Legge, would have been been terrible yet awesome]
    That's so damn funny !
    I can imagine how your name gets scrambled.

My name is Longmore.
    I've been called Lawn Mower, Longacre, Longhorn, Longfellow, Long Island ...
    It's constantly mutating. Eventually someone will call me Smith, or Wesson ?

Enjoy The Weekend, And The Final Few Minutes Of Summer

Ron
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 09-02-2010 at 10:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Sheila, please. Not before my first cup of coffee...

Sorry Fred... I'd already had two at that stage.. I do forget about this time zone business :P

Lisa trust me... there'll be NO self portraits!

Brian I am sorry.. it was too early.. too few coffees and too easy I promise I'll behave now
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Folksies. I'm up for camera 7. But, I will be in Israel for the next year, so perhaps I should be put at the end of the USA list. Then the camera will almost be around my location when I get back to the states in May. In other news, I've got an old Pentax point and shoot that seems like a pretty good candidate for the traveling camera. It's old and has a value of almost nothing, but it works.... Sile or K jupiter... tell me if you are interested in making use of this. Its just sitting around on my shelf... and it craves film.
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hupps Sidearm! (you might need one of those down there....)

You're already launching camera 8? Let it be written in stone that I wanna be in on that! From what I read about camera 6 we might even finish 8 before 6.......

And I also have a few simple cameras sitting here, redy to be donated - might be I launch a local in-country camera for the skandihoovians, just to get them out of hiding and hibernation. I'm thinking late 1980's point-and-shoot 35mm's, no exposure control, no zoom but with an on-board flash, I think that simplicity is a challenge in its own right. Who mentioned Holgas, the camera world is full to the brim with worse! (or should tha be *better*???)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a pile of sacrificial P&S cams scattered about, but lately I've been thinking about offering up something different, like a Seagull (nobody'd want to keep one of those), or a battered (but not deep fried) Canon AE-1, or perhaps an AT-1, with 50mm lens. The cool thing about that is anyone who has Canon FD gear can substitute a lens of their choice. The danger there is they may send on the wrong lens, or none at all... The Yahoo Minolta group did it that way though. Then of course we could always circulate a MF back, though only users of that particular system would get to participate.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fred,
    In addition to a handful of FD lenses, I've got an MC-N adapter. It's the one that allows you to put Nikon glass on the FD bodies.
    Not many of those were made. Funny thing is... I have no Nikon lenses!
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fred since I sold my AE1 in a fit of stupor some years back (it was imacculate, like new) and haven't yet found another (have many other FD cameras and lenses though) this might be a Very Stoopid Idea! (yes send the AE1 and it transfigures mysteriously into an AV1 with a handpainted E on the frontside!)

:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an Argus Focus Free 35mm with f5.6 lens and a Minolta Freedom AF 35R both P&S that I could donate to the cause.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin