Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,121   Online: 849

Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ... 263031323334353637383940414246 ... LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Do they sing the English version of the songs or are they just that style of music, but with Norwegian lyrics?
    Do you have a direct translation for "redneck"?
    If not, I think you need one. Make them feel at home. We don't need any more over here!
    Chris
    I think the rednecks are sneaking into Europe... this is a german cookie brand:

The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The rednecks CAME from Europe! Norskies, Swedes, Finns, Irishers for sure, maybe not so many from Germany, but the Dutch! Don't forget the Dutch!
    :-)

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    as in "truck"? Clever.

Sign me up for 8!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Prestmo View Post
    Both ways norskie lyrics and scanlish version.... one dude have even apperared on Garnd 'Ole Opry. He is a standup guy BTW, Bjørgo Haaland, but getting old.

We DO call them rednecks, no need to translate a perfectly superb expression! And truth be told, some of my best friends are! Most of these guys are resourceful and helpsome, can fix themselves supper by way of fishingrod or hunting rifle any day or season, and will make your car move, no matter what! I have no disdain fro redneck either side of the Big Pond. Some of them are funny though! On the other hand I betchyou they think WE are also, wasting time on sumkin' so totally useless as picturetaking stuff!

Have a nice weekend Chris.
    Technically, the Grand Ol' Opry is no longer at the Ryman Auditorium downtown (where it should be, IMHO). It's now at Opryland Hotel, within Opry Mills Mall. I live about 20 minutes east of it.
    Many things in my upbringing, included many you listed, would tag me as a redneck. Fortunately, I broke from the stereotype:
    I live in a nice townhouse, not some down-trodden shack, or worse, a mobile home without wheels.
    I have no siblings, therefore I am unable to sleep with my sister.
    We have 3 trucks, all with wheels, and are all in good running order... street legal too. None of them have a gun rack in the back window.
    My education is significantly better than those I grew up with.
    I don't live anywhere close to where I was raised.

Things are looking up for me. While I carry all the good traits of survival and ingenuity, I still get the priviledge of making fun of rednecks!
    Enjoy your weekend. I'll be working through mine. Blah.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey just funnin' Chris, but did you also loose the outhouse during your escalation&travel in life?

I enjoyed a discussion at another site some years back, where good friends shared memories of freezing cold winter mornings and the necessary trip to the outhouse.......... most hillarious was what was their rescue when the Sears catalog ran out of pages......

Like here along the barren coasts of the polar ocean, we share laughs over the old ways, and all the ubelieveble things the old people simply had to endure..... we also love them for their optimism, ingenuity and always building brick by brick a better life for their folks. Today almost noone is prepared to belive its even possible for a family to survive on a steady diet of salted herring and potatoes, only varaiation being the 'taters being boiled hot the first day and cold the day after....

Cheer up lads, life is good to us, film, developer and nice old camers will be there, at least during our lifetime....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Though I'm not so sure if *MY* film and developer will be there. All the more reason to invest in a collodion setup!

Indeed, it's good to find that people on opposite sides of the world, and in different cultures, can laugh about the same things... like primitive housing that when you need to crap, you have to first put on boots and grab the flashlight.

Here's one you can share with your Norskie Nash Vegas wannabes:

What do tornadoes and divorces in Tennessee have in common?
    It doesn't matter. Either way, someone is losing a trailer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    What do tornadoes and divorces in Tennessee have in common?
    It doesn't matter. Either way, someone is losing a trailer.
    Oh dear.. I Love it.. Though I probably shouldn't!

Have we any news from the Norwegian Sherlocks.. or indeed the Isle of Wight Holmes? Anything.. a sign or breath of life.. a faint flicker or glimmer of hope in the distance?

Please??

Pretty please??

Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the post office they warned me that there might not be news in "a forthnight" because these wheels grind slowly, they need to retrace every step this letter was supposed to make, and try to find out whether it remains somewhere along the trail.... And I have a HUNCH these guys don't use e-mail when they exchange information!

But I was promised - nearly guaranteed - that I will get an answer.

You'll be the first to know.

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    Erik, I'm jealous of the commitment of your postal system!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good and bad side to every picture.
    The mail here is like the original Royal mail, they still have sole rights to deliver mail and certain parcels.

Thats why DHL and Fedex and the like gets abherrently expensive here - to protect the Mail.

Some call this state the last soviet republic, thats wrong, we're a kingdom for starters, and have a democratic government.

But we are independent and do things our way. In the past I've had to walk away from ebay deals because of these postal peculiarities, especially yankees have a hard time understanding this, while they have an ideologic approach to postal interchanges; they want nothing to do with USPS and their internationbal equivalents, so without any way of sending or receieving nothing happened. Oh well, the world is filled to the brim with old cameras, no need to do business with loggerheads....

Anyways the mail will find the camera, if at all possible, they take these things and our loss even more serious than we!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin