Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,629   Online: 749

Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152535455565761 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    So Erik, does that mean you're going to house all of us that come visiting for a week or two? I can make it around Christmas next year.
    And can your darkroom handle processing 8x10 film?

tim in Aachen
    Where ever you are, there you be.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Christmas in Norway? How many hours of daylight do you have in winter?

I remember an old joke from a norvegian business friend...

In a court in northern norway, the prosecuting attorney asks the culprit: "What did you do in the night from September, 1st to May, 1st?"
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Har Har, you guys!

1: accomodation. Fine come any time you wish, ESPECIALLY during february, I will put you up in the familys old tent, behind the old shed, or you could sleep in the shed, it was partly used as a pighouse during WW2 by the former owner, 360 000 german troops to feed, in addition to our own, took its toll....

2: darkroom. NIL. but if you're prepared to sit with your tanks and paraphernalia in your lap, at the top of the pitch black stairs down to our basement at night, I could let you in anytime when its nightime here.

3: daylight. Your friend was right! at this time of the year we have two hours of dawn and 22 hours of night. Which also indicates the operating hours of the 8x10 film processing operation......

Don't be shy guys, forward interesting proposals re this adventure. For instance, some of you might be more in touch with nature than others. To those I have a special offer : I will dig out a snow cave and lend out polar sleeping bags, so the adventourus can sleep there in polar explorer style! Actually some people pay 1000's of £s to experience that in Kiruna, Sweeden, where they build a hotel out of snow & ice every winter. You will need to keep your developing fluids lukewarn&fluid all by yourself though.

I might consider expanding this into a tourist business, you guys gets first dibs to be ginea pigs!

:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey I just want a plain old bed (indoors of course)!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well Sile in my younger days........

But now, what you see is what you get, and that aint pretty!

hehe

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    So has it actually been posted to me? Anyway Derbyshire isn't Outer Mongolia apart from Biggin lol)
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Prestmo View Post
    Well Sile in my younger days........

But now, what you see is what you get, and that aint pretty!

hehe
    Hey so long as I don't have to sleep in tents with that lot of hoodlums I'm good!

Blackdog.. I think it was posted to your old address???
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    or maybe a future address!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Don't even joke about it!!
    Perhaps you should wear a dress... that ought to do it!
    Síle

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    The whole mess is my fault. When I used the camera I accidentally pressed the button "flux capacitor". Of course, it is a handy feature in that small camera - you can travel back in time in case you missed the decisive moment. But who had expected unwanted side effects like address confusion?

In the next round, Camera 8 should have a snap-on Heisenberg compensator
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin