Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,668   Online: 1090

Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7475152535455565758596061626367 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I belive you Chris, I've been following the sales statistics on guns in the US for more than a decade....
    Don't wake up the sleeping giant.....

But USPS SHOULD be looking for that little camera, not for picking a fight with the USARMY.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The USPS picks fights with anybody who questions them, hence the huge amount of money they are losing.

However, everybody knows, you don't mess with the Postal Police... they are some scary people! Being a former postal employee, I can vouch for that statement!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing new on the western front?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Going postal?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm getting that Postal feeling myself here.... Where are my babies????
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Relax! We're advancing on the top ten list, and the credit goes to the postal system!

(I wonder wether Sile are gonna change her sig-line into something else, like if you stumble across a postman, what caliber would you use?......)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Prestmo View Post
    (I wonder wether Sile are gonna change her sig-line into something else, like if you stumble across a postman, what caliber would you use?......)
    More like "What caliber is your postal employee packing?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    The USPS picks fights with anybody who questions them, hence the huge amount of money they are losing.

However, everybody knows, you don't mess with the Postal Police... they are some scary people! Being a former postal employee, I can vouch for that statement!
    Mike,
    As a postal employee, were you aware of operation methods of the days of old? There's a lot of history there. (I'm a bit of a history nut, history optional.) A few years ago, a government entity submitted to us a request for proposal for an upgrade of one of their building systems. Without going into much detail here, the building used to be strictly a large mail center, and the design of the building led to some questions they were hesitant to answer. It was clear to me that there was a lot of mistrust, and they took mail tampering seriously. While we found they were just getting budget figures, and not ready to allocate funds at the time, I still walked away enlightened as to how things worked at the USPS a hundred years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Mike,
    As a postal employee, were you aware of operation methods of the days of old? There's a lot of history there. (I'm a bit of a history nut, history optional.) A few years ago, a government entity submitted to us a request for proposal for an upgrade of one of their building systems. Without going into much detail here, the building used to be strictly a large mail center, and the design of the building led to some questions they were hesitant to answer. It was clear to me that there was a lot of mistrust, and they took mail tampering seriously. While we found they were just getting budget figures, and not ready to allocate funds at the time, I still walked away enlightened as to how things worked at the USPS a hundred years ago.
    Yes, I am aware of things... However, some things had not changed and I heard a lot of stories. One such thing was hidden passages (with entrances hidden inside and out) in the building with secret peek holes where Postal Inspectors would watch us as we worked. Most of the old guys pointed out where these observation points were to me, which bugged me out more. Nothing like trying to sort mail while wondering how many eyes were on you (being the new guy, probably more than some of the others).

The PO I worked in had some major problems before I got there and had enacted all forms of monitoring while I was there. It was quite freaky and did not end when we left the building. So, I know how seriously they take these things, but morons still work in the system, hence the problem we have now.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So you worked in a similar building! It's an interesting view from the other side of the glass and to tour the passages. Every building is different in same way, shape or form. Because my questions were strictly related to building design and life safety, I was able to see what most of the public never sees, or even knows about. An interesting experience indeed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin