Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,864   Online: 1091

Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 8485253545556575859606162636468 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    So you worked in a similar building! It's an interesting view from the other side of the glass and to tour the passages. Every building is different in same way, shape or form. Because my questions were strictly related to building design and life safety, I was able to see what most of the public never sees, or even knows about. An interesting experience indeed.
    Sounds like fun. I always thought it would be fun to see how extensive the passages were. The sorting facilities were huge, and I'm sure, had a much more extensive system. Those were the days! Thanks for stirring up old memories

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Back in the day, the postal service here got a designated postal gun, a single-shot pistol with a knife attached, for the defence of mailmen crisscrossing our barren winter landscapes.

I understand some postal workers carry legally in the uS today, along with fire detectives and other services like that, I was told there are less leeway for a police officer firing his arm than one of the others, supposedly noone shall bitch with public emplyees.

Hopefully none of the postal detectives opens up on you if you go asking for that missing camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Prestmo View Post
    Hopefully none of the postal detectives opens up on you if you go asking for that missing camera!
    Nah, they just prefer to be rude and uncooperative! They could use their USPS issued mace though!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mace? I'd say that would be an eyeopener to the nice ladies at the local office! I bet they would rather offer you a nice, hot cup of coffe, than start weilding a can of irritant!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mace? I'd say that would be an eyeopener to the nice ladies at the local office! I bet they would rather offer you a nice, hot cup of coffe, than start weilding a can of irritant!
    Here in San Jose, they just ignore you and of course, close their station just as you get to the front of the line.

Breaks are breaks and we wouldn't want to break Union rules for the sake of customer service.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Breaks? Man that was what it was like in 1975......

Nowadays we have this little machine, press a button and get a numbered ticket... and wait a little.
    Soon we hear a signal, our number shows above the free booth, and you're greeted by a smiling lady....

Breaks and other stuff is invisible and transparent to us and the ladies are happy!
    Happy employees = happy customers............
    You better send over some of the management and we'll train 'em!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Breaks? Man that was what it was like in 1975......

Nowadays we have this little machine, press a button and get a numbered ticket... and wait a little.
    Soon we hear a signal, our number shows above the free booth, and you're greeted by a smiling lady....

Breaks and other stuff is invisible and transparent to us and the ladies are happy!
    Happy employees = happy customers............
    You better send over some of the management and we'll train 'em!
    Why don't you just send them some of that dried salt fish. That'll put a smile on their face.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Naaa send them over and we will TEACH them how to enjoy Lutefisk.... its a BIG part of the curriculum.

Under the threat of more Lutefisk they cave in.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any news from the fronts today? Both eastern and western front?
    No cameras that has arrived?

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    That's it. Moving the family to Norway!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin