Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,950   Posts: 1,557,893   Online: 925

Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 11515556575859606162636465666771 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Erik Irish potatoes can be made in to Poitín.. waaaaay stronger than whiskey and potentially the cause of many leprechaun sightings over the years..

As for spotted dick.. I saw one of them once......
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Nevermind ...

Maybe, if LXDude reads this he might want to handle that.
    Siles' post, not a Spotted Dick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hA HAR HAR!

And I just was to chime in and state :
    I will not swallow any dick, spotted or otherwise.

Its a matter of personal opinion.

Sorry like Ron said, back to subject at hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you guys not we just rolled past 600 posts in this thread? We're moving UP on hottest themes, just passed postcards....

And I'm in the middle of developing my first roll of Tmax 400 in Caffenol, CCL with KBr after Reinholds recipe.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Erik Irish potatoes can be made in to Poitín.. waaaaay stronger than whiskey and potentially the cause of many leprechaun sightings over the years..

So the question of the year is...

What the hell did all you Irish eat before Columbus? Potatoes come from South America.

Inquiring minds want to know

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    So the question of the year is...

What the hell did all you Irish eat before Columbus? Potatoes come from South America.

Inquiring minds want to know

tim in san jose
    Twas Sir Walter Raleigh that introduced the great spud into our loving hands.. and what did we eat before that? Spotted Dick I believe....
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Twas Sir Walter Raleigh that introduced the great spud into our loving hands..
    Not quite:

It is often believed that Sir Walter Raleigh was the first to introduce the potato to Europe. It appears however this is only part of the story. Sir Walter never set foot on the North American shores and only instructed, ran and organised various landing parties and colonies. One of these colonies in Virginia (Now North Carolina) fell into difficulties and the survivors had to be rescued by Sir Francis Drake on his return from battling with the Spaniards in the Caribbean. On the way Drake had stopped in Cartagena (Columbia) to take on supplies including many native South American plants including some potato tubers and tobacco.

The Raleigh link comes about, as it was his second in command of the settlement Thomas Hariot who had potatoes included with some of the botanical specimens he had found in Virginia. It was also thought that Hariot planted one of these tuberous specimens in Raleigh's estate in Ireland.
    http://www.selfsufficientish.com/potatoes.htm

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    There may just be a national enquiry over this...

I was always led to believe Sr Raleigh planted potatoes in his estate in Youghal in Co. Cork...

Conspiracy theories abound....
    Síle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Raleigh story was also stated to be a myth by Mr Stephen Fry on the most excellent QI television programme. Can't argue with that!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What if.... ne next round is something entirely different?

I rescued some films thats been all forgotten about today :
    http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/co...-caffenol.html

Now what if... all of us dug out something like that up on the attic, and sendt it to each other in succession, just like on this adventure her, and then developed it and uploaded the result? Might be hillarious, to get to see long forgotten pictures thats ben left undeveloped.....

I discovered there might be need for censorship on those old rolls, one of them was filled with pictures of an Ex-GF, nothing raunchy, mind you, but maybe enough to make me sleep in the doghouse for a few days.... Also lots of pictures of a long forgotten football match, I used to get a pass and get to play Press!

Also was a roll there from an old friend : "cant you develop that and see if theres anything on it", it was found in a camera in 1984, and OLD camera by then, it was 4x4 on a 120 roll, might have been an Agfa Isoly, don't remember that anymore. But the pictures was probably from some confirmation / wedding and first baby born, so it did STAY in camera for the better part of a decade, before it got to me even, in 1985.....

Well there WHERE pictures 4 - 5 of them, partly exposed film. And save for a little fogging the film survived! Have a look at the caffenol blog, this is amazing stuff.

Erik
    Last edited by Removed Account2; 11-19-2010 at 09:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin