Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,425   Online: 931

Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 12525657585960616263646566676872 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    The Raleigh story was also stated to be a myth by Mr Stephen Fry on the most excellent QI television programme. Can't argue with that!

Steve.
    Well if the eloquent Mr Fry said it... it MUST be true..

Erik I think we might just leave those photo's where they lay!!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Prestmo View Post
    What if.... ne next round is something entirely different?

I rescued some films thats been all forgotten about today :
    http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/co...-caffenol.html

Now what if... all of us dug out something like that up on the attic, and sendt it to each other in succession, just like on this adventure her, and then developed it and uploaded the result? Might be hillarious, to get to see long forgotten pictures thats ben left undeveloped.....

I discovered there might be need for censorship on those old rolls, one of them was filled with pictures of an Ex-GF, nothing raunchy, mind you, but maybe enough to make me sleep in the doghouse for a few days.... Also lots of pictures of a long forgotten football match, I used to get a pass and get to play Press!

Also was a roll there from an old friend : "cant you develop that and see if theres anything on it", it was found in a camera in 1984, and OLD camera by then, it was 4x4 on a 120 roll, might have been an Agfa Isoly, don't remember that anymore. But the pictures was probably from some confirmation / wedding and first baby born, so it did STAY in camera for the better part of a decade, before it got to me even, in 1985.....

Well there WHERE pictures 4 - 5 of them, partly exposed film. And save for a little fogging the film survived! Have a look at the caffenol blog, this is amazing stuff.

Erik
    Y'ain't got none of that developer made out of Lutefisk runnoff? Now that would bring out the images.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Y'ain't got none of that developer made out of Lutefisk runnoff? Now that would bring out the images.

tim in san jose
    Caffenol on lutefisk? Hmmmmmm let me see.

We use NaOh (lye) to make the lutefisk (LUTe means Lye, its another word you knownothings got from us and misunderstood).

In caffenol we use NaCo3 (washing soda) which is different, lower PH.

Lye would make this developer run off entirely, besides it would overreact with the Vitamin C, I'm afraid.

Unless...... Lye gets used UP by the codfish (the -fisk part in Lutefisak stems from codfish which is the holy grail for Lutefisk-eaters), lye reacts with the fish.

That means the lye gets WEAKER. If filtered to get out all the fishy goo, it might actually work quite good!

What shall we call your invention? Fiskenol? Colutenol?? You might want to patent it, it cold be another Rodinal!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I know is Lye is used in the homebrew version of Rodinal. Must be something to it.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure thing, it provides the *best* commercial developer and the best fish.....

LOL!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To take it one step further, if we make the lutefisk out of bluefish, wouldn't we use the runoff to make cyanotypes?

tim in san jose (always thinking outside the box)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    har har har, I dunno about that, its a least far outside anything we learned in chemistry, both organic and in-organic!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing new of any of the two cameras?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tell me again, what was the plan for Camera 8?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera 8 : The plan is definitely that I shall be on board when the ship leaves the harbor!

Erik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin