Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,529   Posts: 1,572,433   Online: 1157

Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18586263646566676869707172737478 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My beautiful image, my beautiful image.... dropped into the English Channel. Or stuck in some crevice in the far reaches of the Austrian Alps... or....

I know I'll be in Cambridge sometime in June. I'll look for it while I am there. How did we lose the world camera twice?

So Sile, what's the next step? Roasting sacrificial Leprechauns over an open spit? Wait for Camera 6 to come back and decide to send it out as Camera 8? Take up fly fishing?

love,
    tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ask Chris !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Take up fly fishing?
    You'll never catch flies that way.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    Sniff. Sniff. I had hopes for this one too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    North American camera disappeared October 18.
    European camera disappeared November 01.

How long before we can presume death and cash in the insurance?
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    North American camera disappeared October 18.
    European camera disappeared November 01.
    Now you put it that way Fred... Did they both have to fly over the Bermuda Triangle on their way??

Tim.. I've got this wonderful new hobby to keep me busy.. What I do is buy some cameras and send them all over the world to see how soon I can lose them.. it's a fun, if expensive, way to pass the time.. The aim of the game is to see how soon I can lose them.. so far my record is a month

I'm hoping my next attempt sees an even shorter record being made!

If this doesn't pan out I may just take up one legged spit roast Leprechaun fly fishing
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Now you put it that way Fred... Did they both have to fly over the Bermuda Triangle on their way??

Tim.. I've got this wonderful new hobby to keep me busy.. What I do is buy some cameras and send them all over the world to see how soon I can lose them.. it's a fun, if expensive, way to pass the time.. The aim of the game is to see how soon I can lose them.. so far my record is a month

I'm hoping my next attempt sees an even shorter record being made!

If this doesn't pan out I may just take up one legged spit roast Leprechaun fly fishing
    A couple of hints for next time...

Write the instructions and Addresses in Gaelic. Using Babblefish, translate it into Portuguese. At this point take the Portuguese instructions and translate them into English. Take the Portuguese addresses and translate them into Kanji.

Send project out into the real world with insufficient postage.

Done.
    tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    A couple of hints for next time...

Write the instructions and Addresses in Gaelic. Using Babblefish, translate it into Portuguese. At this point take the Portuguese instructions and translate them into English. Take the Portuguese addresses and translate them into Kanji.

Send project out into the real world with insufficient postage.

Done.
    tim in san jose
    or if you dont want the post office to lose the package... write the address and instruction in klingon (at least if you believe the MIB movies)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandholm View Post
    or if you dont want the post office to lose the package... write the address and instruction in klingon (at least if you believe the MIB movies)
    Now if we had just had movie cameras on both Camera 7 packages... It could have been the basis for MIIIB.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do we just want to restart the 7th round, maybe with one solitary camera? That way, if we can't locate 7a or 7b, at least everyone can do it again. Yes, it means that we won't see Brian's car's interior, unless he decides to reshoot it, but it means that we can get things rolling again. And, if 7a and 7b reappear, then each person has had a chance to shoot four photos, in essentially two different seasons, since it's almost winter already.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin