Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,360   Online: 1060

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 19596364656667686970717273747579 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or why not consider Camera(s) 7 lost at sea, hope for them to return eventually, and rather than repeat this round, just start a new round (same people perhaps?) with camera 8?
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    Ask Chris !
    Huh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle
    If this doesn't pan out I may just take up one legged spit roast Leprechaun fly fishing
    Tennessee fly fishing in the spring is wonderful. Send us your leprechauns. We'll show 'em how it's done. I've got 3, 4, 5 and 8 weight rods, plus reels for all. A slew of various flies and hooks are in my arsenal just waiting to get wet again!

The funny part is that APUG was my introduction to fly fishing. I traded 3 custom rods and 2 Orvis reels for a 4x5 Busch press camera. It's always good when both sides feel like they got the better end of the deal.
    Last edited by cdholden; 12-09-2010 at 09:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Huh?
    Oh... I forgot.
    I volunteered to do Camera 8 east/west hemispheres, but they're 6x9 folders. There won't be enough exposures on each roll for everyone on this round to retake their shot. I still haven't got the cameras out to test them either. I'm working doubles this and probably next week, in addition to trying to get ready for the holidays and family that will be visiting. I don't see me getting any free time until after Christmas.

So what's the general consensus? Do we want to rustle up a pair of 35mm cameras and re-do this (or call it #8, with a new list of people) or just move forward with 2 folding cameras? I'm in for either of these options. We'll need to confirm camera formats before generating lists due to differing number of exposures per roll (12/24/36 vs 8).

Mike, any word back on the US camera with your case number yet?
    Last edited by cdholden; 12-09-2010 at 09:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post

Mike, any word back on the US camera with your case number yet?
    Nothing yet. I will call again today to get an update. There seems to be no end to the incompetence of our beloved USPS! If I get in on one of these again (if I'm allowed, that is!), I will definitely spend (RANT - get extorted - it's BS that one must pay 20% above the cost of mailing to make sure these clowns do their job!! - END RANT) the extra dollars to make sure it gets where it's supposed to go. I'd suggest the same for everybody :outlaw:

I'll update the thread when I hear.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll go along with whatever wiser people and Síle decide, and you can count me in on the next round.

Oh, and if there's any need for more Sureshots, I have plenty available for sacrifice.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in too, and would be happy to fund one the 27 shot instants we were shooting. The hair-trigger finger added such an element of surprise!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in! Please, though, everybody use tracking if we do this again! Can you guys do that in the rest of the world? I\'m sure it can disappear just as easily!
    Last edited by toro_mike; 12-11-2010 at 02:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I must be totally and utterly insane... but feckit... go on lets do it!

I think there's a lot of wisdom now in this group and somehow I believe if we can change a few of the instructions to include a PM to the next person on the list and perhaps recorded delivery.. we just may avoid this problem in the future.

Luckily this round was two single use cameras.. imagine this with two 35mm or worse still.. those folders?

As for what to use... I guess that's open to a vote....
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest another change. Instead of including a list of names and addresses (some of which become obsolete) of all the participants, include a note in the package instructing the person holding the camera to PM you for particulars of the next participant. That way you're in control of where the camera's going. Also include your address in case it gets lost in the post.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin