Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,392   Online: 1094

Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 20606465666768697071727374757680 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Participants must swear an oath in blood that they will not hang on to the camera for more than 5 days. We all lead busy lives, but sticking it in your closet for 5 months is inexcusable.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a thought. Doesn't have much to do with this, just thought I'd throw it out there...

Swap the first two letters in NICEST to get INCEST.

Things that make you go Hmmm...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The following from Fred is a pretty damning sign that we have all spiralled into complete and utter madness..

Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I had a thought. Doesn't have much to do with this, just thought I'd throw it out there...

Swap the first two letters in NICEST to get INCEST.

Things that make you go Hmmm...
    God I love this group!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Participants must swear an oath in blood that they will not hang on to the camera for more than 5 days. We all lead busy lives, but sticking it in your closet for 5 months is inexcusable.
    Signor Banana... I like how you think... perhaps the subject matter of the photo could be the aftermath of said blood oath?

Oh and Fred before you descended into complete and utter insanity you had a good point.. the recipient doesn't get the address until they PM upon receipt of the camera..
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sign me up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some might call me overly anally retentive, but ..

I made a point of confirming Lisa's address by pm before I sent the camera on to her. So I would recommend that that be made part of the expected routine.

After 20+ years of sending important documents and correspondence (in my day job), I never trust an address unless I've evidence it is correct and current.

Sometimes I get the most amazing looks from staff .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been in touch with my old colleagues to see if the camera had actually arrived in Hartington, and so far it hasn't.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've contacted all possible parties here that could have laid hands on the North American camera. No luck here either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I've contacted all possible parties here that could have laid hands on the North American camera. No luck here either.
    We'll call the PO again about the case on Monday, but I have very little hope that the folks in India, who apparently outsourced by the USPS, on the other line really do anything at all with these cases.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    We'll call the PO again about the case on Monday, but I have very little hope that the folks in India, who apparently outsourced by the USPS, on the other line really do anything at all with these cases.

Mike
    ... especially if you spoke with a man who says his name is Peggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lzz8KER520

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking of sacrificing some of these things...

Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin