Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,566   Online: 788

Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141858 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeez, here I was all interested in the possibilities for Round 8, when I realized you weren't talking about cross-dressing...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Jeez, here I was all interested in the possibilities for Round 8, when I realized you weren't talking about cross-dressing...
    As I believe I have said already...
    You don't have to be mad to come here... but it sure helps!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    I've played with Caffenol C, but never tried it with color film. Can't wait to try that! Wonder if I can get to it before camera 7 arrives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I'm concerned, Caffenol is the prefect solution to unusual situations : outdated films, films found in some of the old cameras I buy, even old, exposed films that friends and relatives have left in a cupboard for a couple of decades. Color films as well as B&W.

More likely than not, Caffenol will give negatives that are scannable, in most cases printable even, though colors are lost in translation.

Caffenol is a lot more forgiveable than commercial developers, I think the trick is hidden in the long developing times, compared to the commercial stuff, typically 20 mins to 1 hour, depending on the concentration and brew, compared to 5 to 15 minuites in the commercial stuff.

I know I have some old films myself somewhere that I still havent found, 30+ years since exposure, I bet Caffenol will save what can still be saved, when I find those films I will report the outcome in the Caffenol group.

ep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Caffenol sounds like it would be perfect for resurrecting the film out of camera 6 then...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

lmn

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Erik.

Fred, you're right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cameras 7a and 7b are ready to roll..

Everything you need to know has been included in the envelope containing the cameras.. They begin their journey tomorrow morning and as outlined in the enclosed "instructions" when you receive the camera you MUST post in the thread to keep everyone up to date.

I was planning on starting a new thread specifically to follow the journey(s) and ask everyone if they could subscribe to it - that way updates would be easy to find and any changes easy to monitor.

If you would rather I didn't do this please let me know as soon as possible and I'll post updates in here instead..

Good luck everyone!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keeping camera 7 to one thread would not be a bad thing.
    I have no preferences one way or t'other.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have subscribed to this thread already and will do likewisae whatever you decide.

Looking forward to this!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do whatever you like

Can't wait!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin