Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,928   Online: 995

Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202464 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    MartinB - when I'm finished let's meet up for the handoff!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    If I'm providing a roll of film (am I?), why am I at the end of the list? Perhaps we want to reverse Camera 2...
    Don't change it! I'll send a roll if one is needed. Hey, I'll even spring for two to not put me at the end of the line.
    Color or b/w... just let me know.

Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't mind being at the end of course 'cos it means I only have to pay postage if the camera isn't lost And I can of course reload and send it on the way for the next round.

I can do good (Nikon 8000) scans if the camera reaches me full of images though. I'm assuming no one was planning on wet-printing a whole roll of other people's photos!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    If I'm providing a roll of film (am I?), why am I at the end of the list? Perhaps we want to reverse Camera 2...
    Good point! Then I might actually have a real shot of taking a picture one of these rounds.

Edit: Just saw the other posts -- I'm cool with whatever the greater wisdom decides...
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    MartinB - when I'm finished let's meet up for the handoff!
    Sounds good, much more efficient - Canada Post takes 5-7 days to deliver mail within the same city.

Hey, we can meet, take a portrait of each other, and we are done in a few minutes. Talk about moving that camera on quickly to Manitoba!

Any idea if theBanana will still be there when we forward it on? No telling what will float away in those Manitoba floods.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like elves we are working away merrily in the background to ensure this or these camera's travel without a hitch.. yes that's WITHOUT a hitch everyone!!

The travel list order is likely to change for mechanical reasons.. so whoever is first don't get excited and whoever is last don't get despondent.. We've had to change a couple of things so the really truly absolutely final list should be ready for the weekend or early next week at the latest. And hopefully the camera's should set sail very shortly thereafter.

So bear with us for a day or two and we should have all the finalised details up by this weekend. Just know that no one needs to go buying film or camera's.. we just need you, your skills, patience and a Post Office that knows what to do..

To be continued.....
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Dunno when! But I can't wait to see this camera show up.. It would be nice if we got to take two shot each, but then again.. one SHOULD suffice (I hope)!
    I'm curious as to where would I be shipping this to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    we just need you, (got it!)
    your skills, (got it!)
    patience (got it!)
    and a Post Office that knows what to do.. (*sigh*)
    I was cheering for you until that last part.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uh Sile...

The postal workers here in Canada are threatening to strike.

Just a heads up.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Sounds good, much more efficient - Canada Post takes 5-7 days to deliver mail within the same city.

Hey, we can meet, take a portrait of each other, and we are done in a few minutes. Talk about moving that camera on quickly to Manitoba!

Any idea if theBanana will still be there when we forward it on? No telling what will float away in those Manitoba floods.
    I'm not going anywhere except possibly the beer store.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin